Trade thoughts

I looked at a lot of our flip/toss candidates.  Pham, DeJong etc.  lots of awful ops numbers over the last month or so.  The losing streak and pre play has some .500 OPS numbers.  Not sure you will get much.  Looking more like a waiver claim or DFA which I wouldn't be against.  Dump em and let some younger guys like Sosa know they have a long leash.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

I looked at a lot of our flip/toss candidates.  Pham, DeJong etc.  lots of awful ops numbers over the last month or so.  The losing streak and pre play has some .500 OPS numbers.  Not sure you will get much.  Looking more like a waiver claim or DFA which I wouldn't be against.  Dump em and let some younger guys like Sosa know they have a long leash.

Someone will trade for Pham and DeJong.  Pham has a 141 wRC+ against LHP.  DeJong is a cheap depth option at spots where there aren’t a lot of other options.  We won’t get much for either, but lottery tickets should be incoming.

5 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Let’s get some s%*# done today. 

The SP market hasn’t moved at all and we are one of the big players there.  I just want to see the smaller pieces traded soon.  No one is getting desperate for Pham and overpaying at the deadline.  Might as well move guys like him before you run out of potential trade partners.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The SP market hasn’t moved at all and we are one of the big players there.  I just want to see the smaller pieces traded soon.  No one is getting desperate for Pham and overpaying at the deadline.  Might as well move guys like him before you run out of potential trade partners.

I think you can forget about Crochet and Robert moving. I’m also getting concerned about Fedde since they went ahead and pitched him last night and already said they had no problem keeping him for next year. This is going to be one disappointing deadline. 

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

I think you can forget about Crochet and Robert moving. I’m also getting concerned about Fedde since they went ahead and pitched him last night and already said they had no problem keeping him for next year. This is going to be one disappointing deadline. 

There is no way Fedde sticks around. Cmon. 

1 minute ago, T R U said:

I think there is zero chance Fedde is here.  Teams are desperate for SP and he will 100% be moved by Tuesday.  He’s a durable dude and I don’t think taking him off his schedule for a start three days before the deadline makes sense. 

I’d put Crochet being moved at 30%.  I took his agency going to the media to be a full on deal killer, but I think you have to look at this a bit like the NBA where you have this unique talent (a legit ace) and now may be your only chance to land him.  Whether we like their talent, the Dodgers still seem like a real option.

Robert I’d put at like 10%.  This recent cold streak (with an insane K rate) isn’t going to do us any favors in convincing another club to pay up like he’s a 5 win player.  Personally, I think he’s both a bit checked out at the plate and suffering from a lack of protection (there is just no reason to given him hittable pitches with this crew of terrible).  The talent is still there and I think his performance immediately ascends the second he is traded, but probably won’t happen until at next deadline at this pace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BamaDoc said:

Exactly. This White Sox team is 50 games under 500. They have a roster full of terrible players that no other team wants besides Crochet, Robert, and Fedde. Why are people surprised that other GMs want nothing to do with the crappy players the Sox are trying to trade?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Johno said:

55 years watching this team, I’ve never been more embarrassed about a sports team.   The entire organization is a complete disaster.   

Perfect billboard quote.

23 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I doubt that he’s right.

Unless something starts happening soon, I agree. Trading 5 or 6 guys on the 25 man roster at the deadline isn’t practical  for several reasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Should have been doing that all along. If the flip signings aren’t even flippable, then what the hell are they even doing here?

2 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

DeJong and Pham were dealt last year and didn’t really bring anything back. Pham brought back a 16- year old lotto ticket but Pham was better last year than this year.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1817642766534361276?t=mece_XBlU4r68kz7y1rT3w&s=19

Braves and White Sox have been in communication. Uncertain what the focus is but Luis Robert would surely fit ATL (if they were willing to spend — abd that’s a big if!) Crochet, Fedde, Pham also may be of interest to injury-depleted but still contending Braves

Edited by 2Deep

4 hours ago, Whisox05 said:

This may be outdated by Heyman already. I was told that the Sox actually had advanced discussions for Crochet before Thursday. Three teams that the Sox were talking to throughout the process flat out dropped out. One of the trades did have Benintendi attached, but couldn't be confirmed if the other one did as well. At least one team was still interested until Crochet was asked about it.

The priority has been Crochet, Fedde and Kopech over the last week. The Sox will not give anyone away. The deals that I've heard for Robert would have folks here more pissed than the day JR opened his mouth about the Shohei stuff last year. One team has checked in on a Robert, Crochet deal since Friday. 

That's all I have. 

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1