Heyman live chat at B/R noon central time

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sox "really unhappy" with the offers on Fedde.

Wait it out until the 30th. The guy is 2nd in bWAR FWIW. With his contract, they'll get something good. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Officially predicts Luis Robert doesn't get traded at the deadline

Agreed. I bet Crochet gets dealt and Robert stays. No one is going to pay the asking price (assuming the price doesn't budge).

38 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Fedde and Crochet are probably clouding up each other's markets. Teams see Fedde as a fallback from Crochet, won't get serious about Fedde until Crochet's off the market. 

And whatever we get for Crochet is going to set the market for what we can then get for Fedde. Settle for less than max value on Crochet likely also deflates what we can get for Fedde.

3 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

And whatever we get for Crochet is going to set the market for what we can then get for Fedde. Settle for less than max value on Crochet likely also deflates what we can get for Fedde.

In theory. Once Crochet's off the board, it's still supply and demand. The Sox don't like the offers for Fedde to this point. They'll either get better or stay the same. Beyond Skubal and Crochet, there's no real "aces" on the market, I believe. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I'd wish they would at least do something minor today. It's going to be tough making 5 or 6 or 7 trades in a day or so, especially if a couple are rather large.

Once you get past Fedde, it is pretty much taking the best offer out there.  Maybe Kopech takes some thought, but that group of Brebbia, Wilson, Pham, DeJong, etc is literally whatever you get for them, move them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As much as it pains me to even say, we probably have to move Crochet now, as he is at his highest value possible, despite the innings limitations.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I'd wish they would at least do something minor today. It's going to be tough making 5 or 6 or 7 trades in a day or so, especially if a couple are rather large.

Yep, this is the part of the trade deadline that annoys me.  These GMs all waiting until the very last minute to get what they want.

26 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Once you get past Fedde, it is pretty much taking the best offer out there.  Maybe Kopech takes some thought, but that group of Brebbia, Wilson, Pham, DeJong, etc is literally whatever you get for them, move them.

This. Best offer for most of what we have available, outside of the obvious.

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’d like Dalton Rushing, Alex Freeland and Jackson Ferris from the Dodgers. 

That feels light for Crochet, imo.  Rushing would be a disappointing centerpiece for several reasons. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2