Heyman live chat at B/R noon central time

45 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

In theory. Once Crochet's off the board, it's still supply and demand. The Sox don't like the offers for Fedde to this point. They'll either get better or stay the same. Beyond Skubal and Crochet, there's no real "aces" on the market, I believe. 

Probably Flaherty third. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

That feels light for Crochet, imo.  Rushing would be a disappointing centerpiece for several reasons. 

Like, lack of hitting?

18 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

That feels light for Crochet, imo.  Rushing would be a disappointing centerpiece for several reasons. 

Also feels light to me for Crochet 

I need one sure fire headlining prospect of the caliber that onl;y gets dealt in a blockbuster plus more 

Rushing, Freeland and Ferris are all really good prospects, but I would not call any of them elite. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Like, lack of hitting?

I’m guessing his catcher skills being questionable enough that it’s not a sure thing that he stays behind the plate.  And then if he moves to 1B full-time, is his bat good enough for that spot?

Keeping Robert scares the hell out of me honestly. He’s volatile with his consistency to hit the ball and ability to stay healthy. I understand not wanting to sell low, but there is also the possibility this isn’t his lowest 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Keeping Robert scares the hell out of me honestly. He’s volatile with his consistency to hit the ball and ability to stay healthy. I understand not wanting to sell low, but there is also the possibility this isn’t his lowest 

I also don't want him to have to prove he's an offensive threat in a line up of young kids who are going to go 2-29 to start their careers. 

9 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

We have three years of control left.  It's a chance worth taking when his peak season is just one year ago.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

Like, lack of hitting?

Lack of hitting is the major one.  Being a Catcher, that might not stick at catcher, and doesn't have a bat to profile at 1B.  Sox need an ELITE prospect to headline a Crochet deal.  He is not that.  I would be pretty pissed at the return Jimmy hinted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

We have three years of control left.  It's a chance worth taking when his peak season is just one year ago.

This.  Luis Robert is generational talent.  Selling low on him would be insane.  I understand the risk of holding, and I am fine with it.  Don't get me wrong, I am fine trading Robert but the return needs to be massive.  He puts in a season comparable to 2023 the first half of next season, and he's worth considerably more than he is right now.  And Robert is certainly capable of putting in a better season than 2023.  

• Like 1

Bob Nightengale , Jesse Rodgers, Ken Rosenthal and Jon Heyman all predict that the Dodgers will acquire Crochet at the deadline. I say the odds are really good they get him. To be honest, I didn’t think they even had enough to get him..Getz dropping the asking price for his crown jewel? 

3 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Bob Nightengale , Jesse Rodgers, Ken Rosenthal and Jon Heyman all predict that the Dodgers will acquire Crochet at the deadline. I say the odds are really good they get him. To be honest, I didn’t think they even had enough to get him..Getz dropping the asking price for his crown jewel? 

I'd need something like Rushing, DePaula, Ryan/Hurt. Freeland and Outman for Crochet and Pham.  Give them a reliever too if needed.  It would hurt for LAD, but Crochet should be incredibly valuable and they don't have any elite prospects. 

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd need something like Rushing, DePaula, Ryan/Hurt. Freeland and Outman for Crochet and Pham.  Give them a reliever too if needed.  It would hurt for LAD, but Crochet should be incredibly valuable and they don't have any elite prospects. 

A high volume of prospects always seems good on paper, but sox fans are well aware that these large packages often tend to leave very little result. I would rather trade Crochet for Mayo straight up instead of a bunch of low A players with high ceilings. Let’s face it, the Sox don’t have a good track record for developing positional talent. I know I’m being pessimistic, but my faith in White Sox management and development is lacking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreatScott82 said:

A high volume of prospects always seems good on paper, but sox fans are well aware that these large packages often tend to leave very little result. I would rather trade Crochet for Mayo straight up instead of a bunch of low A players with high ceilings. Let’s face it, the Sox don’t have a good track record for developing positional talent. I know I’m being pessimistic, but my faith in White Sox management and development is lacking. 

Sure, but heck of a lot better than Rushing, Ferris and Freeland.  

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sure, but heck of a lot better than Rushing, Ferris and Freeland.  

Maybe true.. but there has to be other organizations that can offer something more appealing. Some of the mock proposals I’ve read were so underwhelming. And to be honest, the Sox simply don’t need to trade him now. If other teams are using the innings limit as a way to lower the cost, then don’t trade him. I get the concern, but essentially you’re getting a wicked reliever for the playoff run AND a potential Chris Sale reincarnate for 2025 and 2026. Surely, there has to be more than the low cupboard Dodgers who are interested? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Maybe true.. but there has to be other organizations that can offer something more appealing. Some of the mock proposals I’ve read were so underwhelming. And to be honest, the Sox simply don’t need to trade him now. If other teams are using the innings limit as a way to lower the cost, then don’t trade him. I get the concern, but essentially you’re getting a wicked reliever for the playoff run AND a potential Chris Sale reincarnate for 2025 and 2026. Surely, there has to be more than the low cupboard Dodgers who are interested? 

100% agree with this.  LAD would be like my 6 or 7th choice of the top options. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Officially predicts Luis Robert doesn't get traded at the deadline

Which is unfortunate because I’m not sure how much his numbers will improve without any protection and you incur potential injury risk (although I’m in the minority in thinking his injuries have been flukish in nature).

Edited by Chicago White Sox

4 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

And whatever we get for Crochet is going to set the market for what we can then get for Fedde. Settle for less than max value on Crochet likely also deflates what we can get for Fedde.

The Fedde market is going to be very different than the Crochet market due to the prospect capital involved.  Obviously there is some overlap, but not a ton of teams have what it takes to land Crochet.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Once you get past Fedde, it is pretty much taking the best offer out there.  Maybe Kopech takes some thought, but that group of Brebbia, Wilson, Pham, DeJong, etc is literally whatever you get for them, move them.

Wilson has a ton of control left, I’m not moving him unless we get legit value for him which probably doesn’t happen right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wilson has a ton of control left, I’m not moving him unless we get legit value for him which probably doesn’t happen right now.

Yeah I wouldn't move him just to move him. He's been bad and I would rather just hold onto him and see if he pitches better the rest of the season/first half of next year.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And someone has to pitch out of the pen. I’d rather roll the dice on Wilson being a trade asset in 2025 than playing $8M for a comparable reliever. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Freeland and Ferris will definitely be ranked higher than they currently are once prospects lists are updated.