7/24 Sox @ Rangers

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Ummm, ummm, ummm…

Riley Gowens?

Meanwhile, Bummer’s ERA is down to 3.31 and he has 43 strikeouts in 35.1 innings pitched.  The Sox could have easily gotten more for him in a trade if Getz didn’t go for a large quantity of crap in the deal to fill this horrid roster.

We needed Nicky Lopez.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

We are putting our faith in rebuild #2 in a GM that thought that Nicky freaking Lopez could be a viable starting 2B.

His talent evaluation has been less than stellar.

35 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I quit doing this when TLR and Getz were hired.

Seriously, if there is a bad move to make, the Sox will always choose it.  It’s truly uncanny.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

160317_gma_holmes3_0741_16x9_1600.jpg

GET HIM OUTTA HERE. 

In all seriousness, I respect LaRoche. Walking away from millions of dollars in a demonstration placing your son over money like that is commendable.

Grifol after todays loss said "we're also coming to the ballpark every day to improve and develop and do the things that we have to do to set us up moving forward."

There are absolutely no signs of this team improving or developing. Apart from Thorpe the young prospects appear to be developing and improving nothing, and if they do like Sosa, who was beginning to hit a bit, they get sent down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hi8is said:

GET HIM OUTTA HERE. 

In all seriousness, I respect LaRoche. Walking away from millions of dollars in a demonstration placing your son over money like that is commendable.

Eh, I don’t agree.  Raising your son should not conflict with your job in the manner that they made that happen.  Hahn shouldn’t have allowed it and it should not have been requested.  That entire situation sucked and nobody came out looking good imo 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Eh, I don’t agree.  Raising your son should not conflict with your job in the manner that they made that happen.  Hahn shouldn’t have allowed it and it should not have been requested.  That entire situation sucked and nobody came out looking good imo 

Yea, that’s true as well. If it wasn’t allowed from the start the stand off and conflict wouldn’t have occurred. 

I fault Hahn, admire LaRoche’s integrity, and think he had a right to be upset.

Bottom line: I’m glad they’re both gone.

• Like 1

I was at the last two games with my Son, who is a Sox fan but Rangers fan first, said: "Man, we needed the Sox right now" 

So...there is a positive to this season...my son is happier about the Rangers. ?‍♂️

12 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Well the Sox are doing their part by trying to stop Texas from being a seller.

7 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

I was at the last two games with my Son, who is a Sox fan but Rangers fan first, said: "Man, we needed the Sox right now" 

So...there is a positive to this season...my son is happier about the Rangers. ?‍♂️

Mmmhmm

13 hours ago, Quin said:

We needed Nicky Lopez.

Shuster and Schewmake were obviously trash when they were acquired.  That entire trade was a hope and a prayer that Soroka would revert to a level he hadn't been at in 5 years.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Shuster and Schewmake were obviously trash when they were acquired.  That entire trade was a hope and a prayer that Soroka would revert to a level he hadn't been at in 5 years.  

The Sox also thought Lopez would be a draw for Sox fans.  His inability to hit probably lets Getz relate to him.

Edited by fathom
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

The Sox also thought Lopez would be a draw for Sox fans.  His inability to hit probably lets Getz relate to him.

Even for this organization that would be unfathomably dumb.  Fans don't care about trash players.  

Just now, whitesoxfan99 said:

Even for this organization that would be unfathomably dumb.  Fans don't care about trash players.  

You would think, but they also leaked they were interested in him a few years ago a few hours after the Clevinger domestic issues became public.

1 hour ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

And Riley Gowens was a throw-in who has developed into an actual pitching prospect, a bit young for AA.