7/24 Sox @ Rangers

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think you mean old for AA. He's almost 25.

Gowens 0.6 years younger than the average AA player.  Though if you are average age even, that usually means you are behind as a prospect as the older players are the ones not going anywhere and pulling up the average age.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Gowens 0.6 years younger than the average AA player.  Though if you are average age even, that usually means you are behind as a prospect as the older players are the ones not going anywhere and pulling up the average age.

Ah I know he started the year in A+ and that seems old for 24. 

Either way, I wouldn't say 24 is young or a bit young for AA.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Ah I know he started the year in A+ and that seems old for 24. 

Either way, I wouldn't say 24 is young or a bit young for AA.

He was 0.9 years older than the average A+ player when he was at Winston Salem.

11 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think you mean old for AA. He's almost 25.

Nope. Younger than league average. And he is a legit pitching prospect. We traded garbage for a rehab dream, a couple lotto tix, and more garbage. 

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He was 0.9 years older than the average A+ player when he was at Winston Salem.

And he didn't dominate that league.  ERA of 4.35, home run rate of 1.2 per 9 was quite a bit higher than league average of .9, and his K rate, while good at 10.9 wasn't dramatically higher than the 10/9 averaged in that league.  

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Nope. Younger than league average. And he is a legit pitching prospect. We traded garbage for a rehab dream, a couple lotto tix, and more garbage. 

One lotto ticket in Gowens.  Shuster and Schewmake are trash and were always going to be trash.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

That garbage is pretty damn good this year, which is no shock to anyone.  Getting away from our terrible defense was always going to be a blessing for Bummer.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

That garbage is pretty damn good this year, which is no shock to anyone.  Getting away from our terrible defense was always going to be a blessing for Bummer.

Sure he is. We had no starting rotation coming into the season. The gamble was to sign Fedde, Flexen and trade for Soroka, and hope one of them could pop and be flipped. Fedde makes the whole experiment a success. 

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Which, if you think about it, is weird. He looked to improve the defense and then trades the guy who would benefit the most lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Which, if you think about it, is weird. He looked to improve the defense and then trades the guy who would benefit the most lol

Because he has no clue what he’s doing 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

And still has MLBs worst defense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2