What are your favorite baseball movie scenes?

There was a pic posted of the fat kid from The Sandlot in the game thread tonight. And I was thinking, maybe instead of being depressed all day about how s%*# the Sox are and who's being traded  we could share some of our favorite baseball movie clips. I'm not normally a big movie guy, but would love to watch new stuff in lieu of the 2024 Sox. These were the first few i thought of and I got some more but I would love to see more, hopefully new stuff! 

• Like 4

When Roy Hobbs literally tore the cover off the ball and everyone came out to argue about it in the rain.  Or when Michael Madsen as Bump Bailey crashed through the outfield wall and died while playing for the New York Knights. The Knights ownership/front office has such a White Sox vibe to it.

Edited by cuban_sammiches
  • Haha 1

I think the Jake Taylor “call his shot drop a bunt” scene in Major League is especially good because of how quiet and dramatic it is, crowd and music muted and just him trying to beat out the play, with Uecker calling it softly.  It’s a scene unlike anything in the rest of the movie really 

3 scenes, the first is from The Natural when Roy Hobbs is bleeding from his mid-section while at bat and hits the game winning walk off homer and the Knights win the pennant.

The second is manager Dutch Schnell’s clubhouse speech to his NY Mammoths played by the great character actor Vincent Gardenia in Bang The Drum Slowly.
Also from that movie is when Piney Woods sings the title song in the clubhouse during a rain delay, every time I watch that scene, tears come to my eyes.

Edited by The Mighty Mite