The streak has reached 21. Raise a glass.

greg775

I thought a 10-game losing streak deserved its own thread. Heck our boys may end that streak in their next game. However it deserves a comment and question.

My comment is: Even though our club really stinks overall, it has little chance on a given night, any night, on the road. Why? Well generally our bats die. We had what four hits tonight? To show how bad we are on the road, the Rangers were struggling a bit as our Sox arrived 3 games ago. Now for however long, maybe not long at all, they've been rejuvenated right after the all star break by our boys dropping three more.

My question to you is ... as a fan would you like the streak to keep going? Do you want the streak to pass the 14-gamer in May? My ANSWER: Yes. The man who doesn't ever wanna take does want us to have a 15-game streak to go with the 14-gamer. Why? Just to again embarrass Jerry. He has to be moderately embarrassed to what has become of his team. Or is he still living off 2005 as well as the Bulls titles?? Peace baby.

• TLR 1

24 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

How do they not fire Pedro? I get he isn’t THE problem, but how can they deny that he is A problem? On talent, this is not the worst team of all time.

Because Jerry doesn’t care and thinks Sox fans are stupid and will accept Grifol’s firing at the end of the season to serve as the fall guy for he and Getz.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Timmy U said:

How do they not fire Pedro? I get he isn’t THE problem, but how can they deny that he is A problem? On talent, this is not the worst team of all time.

This is exactly right IMO. And it has been obvious for well over a season.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

I thought a 10-game losing streak deserved its own thread. Heck our boys may end that streak in their next game. However it deserves a comment and question.

My comment is: Even though our club really stinks overall, it has little chance on a given night, any night, on the road. Why? Well generally our bats die. We had what four hits tonight? To show how bad we are on the road, the Rangers were struggling a bit as our Sox arrived 3 games ago. Now for however long, maybe not long at all, they've been rejuvenated right after the all star break by our boys dropping three more.

My question to you is ... as a fan would you like the streak to keep going? Do you want the streak to pass the 14-gamer in May? My ANSWER: Yes. The man who doesn't ever wanna take does want us to have a 15-game streak to go with the 14-gamer. Why? Just to again embarrass Jerry. He has to be moderately embarrassed to what has become of his team. Or is he still living off 2005 as well as the Bulls titles?? Peace baby.

In answer to the question, I never ever want the Sox to lose a game, every loss is like a small paper cut. What I want is new ownership who will run the White Sox like the big market franchise that they are instead of like the Reds, Pirates, and Royals.
What Reinsdorf has given us this year is an absolute nightmare with a horrible GM who is in over his head, the worst manager in the history of the franchise and a roster full of bad players who are either castoffs or failed minor leaguers who have no business being in the Majors. The hitting is atrocious with guys with clueless at bats, does this team not look at tapes and see what they are doing wrong and maybe trying something different, what the f*** is the hitting coach doing, probably just stealing money. Right now they would probably be better off replacing everyone except for a few guys with the Birmingham Barons, it couldn’t be any worse.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 3

Mully said the other day that no Sox team has ever had multiple losing streaks of 10+ in a season.  Not sure if that is true, but hats off to Pedro for this momentous accomplishment if it is true

This development Pedro always talks about is so fake. Right now, the only 'develpmental" position players are Lee, who Pedro tried to keep off the field as much as possible in the first half before his broken toy was taken away. The other is Baldwin, who is sure to be in Charlotte soon. The rest are vets they hope play better, but they have already shown, the staff can't help improvement along.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

This development Pedro always talks about is so fake. Right now, the only 'develpmental" position players are Lee, who Pedro tried to keep off the field as much as possible in the first half before his broken toy was taken away. The other is Baldwin, who is sure to be in Charlotte soon. The rest are vets they hope play better, but they have already shown, the staff can't help improvement along.

What was the point of bringing Baldwin up, they should have let Sosa finish the season with the big club even though he botched up a few plays at second base. Every move Getz makes blows up in his face except for Crochet and Fedde.

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

What was the point of bringing Baldwin up, they should have let Sosa finish the season with the big club even though he botched up a few plays at second base. Every move Getz makes blows up in his face except for Crochet and Fedde.

Getz desperately wants a developmental win where a prospect is call up to the big league club this year.

Sosa was already around, so any development for him or Colas isn't good PR for the G.E.T.Z. system.

• Like 1

I was thinking last night how boring each game had become.

First five innings, good SP. I’d be thinking “hey maybe we can eek out a 1 run win”

They come back and we go down a run. I go to bed and think “now they are gonna score 6 runs in the 8th and 9th”

I wake up and we lost 10-2 or something. 

Rinse and repeat.

f*** Jerry Reinsdorf.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

First five innings, good SP. I’d be thinking “hey maybe we can eek out a 1 run win”

They come back and we go down a run. I go to bed and think “now they are gonna score 6 runs in the 8th and 9th”

Rinse and repeat.

f*** Jerry Reinsdorf.

Yeah, I went to bed worried about my Rangers Runline bet. Checked later and realized I didn't need to worry haha

Edited by Bob Sacamano

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Rinse and repeat.

f*** Jerry Reinsdorf.

When JR said the fans deserved a quick turnaround, this is what he meant:

59b.jpg

30 minutes ago, Quin said:

Getz desperately wants a developmental win where a prospect is call up to the big league club this year.

Sosa was already around, so any development for him or Colas isn't good PR for the G.E.T.Z. system.

G.E.T.Z. system.... What does it stand for?

2 minutes ago, JoeC said:

G.E.T.Z. system.... What does it stand for?

GRATING, ELDERLY, TERRIBLE, ZERO runs

From the people who brought you FAST, which five words despite being a four letter acronym.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Timmy: I asked this question 3 weeks ago and no one answered. What is Grifol's contract terms? He is in year 2 but how many years did he sign for? If it is 3 years, I got to think he is gone but that means the Sox have to eat the 3rd year. But if is it 4 or more? The White Sox  may eat 1 year but if it is 4 or more I am not sure since the Sox seem to care less about winning.  

2 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Timmy: I asked this question 3 weeks ago and no one answered. What is Grifol's contract terms? He is in year 2 but how many years did he sign for? If it is 3 years, I got to think he is gone but that means the Sox have to eat the 3rd year. But if is it 4 or more? The White Sox  may eat 1 year but if it is 4 or more I am not sure since the Sox seem to care less about winning.  

Insane they even needed to sign him to a contract. Should have just made him hourly.

• Haha 4