The streak has reached 21. Raise a glass.

greg775

11 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Timmy: I asked this question 3 weeks ago and no one answered. What is Grifol's contract terms? He is in year 2 but how many years did he sign for? If it is 3 years, I got to think he is gone but that means the Sox have to eat the 3rd year. But if is it 4 or more? The White Sox  may eat 1 year but if it is 4 or more I am not sure since the Sox seem to care less about winning.  

No one has the exact details, but it is supposed to be 3 years.  The thought is a million a year, or probably a bit less.

23 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Timmy: I asked this question 3 weeks ago and no one answered. What is Grifol's contract terms? He is in year 2 but how many years did he sign for? If it is 3 years, I got to think he is gone but that means the Sox have to eat the 3rd year. But if is it 4 or more? The White Sox  may eat 1 year but if it is 4 or more I am not sure since the Sox seem to care less about winning.  

Bob N said it's a 3yr deal and they're letting him go after this year

This season was gone a long time ago, but something needs to be done. This has gone beyond absurd. The FO can't keep telling fans that the rebuild will take a long time.  No position players coming up are showing anything.

Grifol and Getz should be gone. Bring in a good baseball man to take over and turn the franchise around. Right now, the franchise has no credibility. 50 games under .500 is insane. My god, can't anyone talk to JR? This team is being turned into one big joke.  Oh, Schriffen should go, too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

In answer to the question, I never ever want the Sox to lose a game, every loss is like a small paper cut. What I want is new ownership who will run the White Sox like the big market franchise that they are instead of like the Reds, Pirates, and Royals.
What Reinsdorf has given us this year is an absolute nightmare with a horrible GM who is in over his head, the worst manager in the history of the franchise and a roster full of bad players who are either castoffs or failed minor leaguers who have no business being in the Majors. The hitting is atrocious with guys with clueless at bats, does this team not look at tapes and see what they are doing wrong and maybe trying something different, what the f*** is the hitting coach doing, probably just stealing money. Right now they would probably be better off replacing everyone except for a few guys with the Birmingham Barons, it couldn’t be any worse.

This year I have not watched an at bat or a pitch thrown! This year I simply do not care. In an earlier post I read that in July so far they have 3 wins. Really? And people still watch this garbage of a team. In my years I have seen many White Sox teams both fun to watch and not, but seeing what Reinsdorf has allowed to happen this year is the worst! I'd like to say that I'll be back but who knows and it's up to this ownership group and I have no faith in them. I do enjoy reading the posts on this site so keep them coming. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Highland said:

This season was gone a long time ago, but something needs to be done. This has gone beyond absurd. The FO can't keep telling fans that the rebuild will take a long time.  No position players coming up are showing anything.

Grifol and Getz should be gone. Bring in a good baseball man to take over and turn the franchise around. Right now, the franchise has no credibility. 50 games under .500 is insane. My god, can't anyone talk to JR? This team is being turned into one big joke.  Oh, Schriffen should go, too.

The front office hasn't said a word about the timeline.  It's common sense that it will take a long time.  The lack of talent you mentioned is why it won't be quick.  This franchise, as it stands today is 50 games away from playoff contention, with absolutely zero in the upper minors when it comes to filling the offensive holes.  The guys who should have been ready to plug, have mostly flopped this year.  It's barren for the immediate future unless we trade for someone else's future players.

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

He signed a three year deal. He's gone it looks like after this season. 

10 hours ago, hi8is said:

And I didn’t think they’d be able to match their 17 game streak from the first half. Looking possible after all. ?

It was a 14 game losing streak, as I recall...let's not make it any worse than it is.  

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Mully said the other day that no Sox team has ever had multiple losing streaks of 10+ in a season.  Not sure if that is true, but hats off to Pedro for this momentous accomplishment if it is true

He is correct multiple double-digit losing streaks have never happened before in the same season in franchise history.

• Paper Bag 1

10 hours ago, Timmy U said:

How do they not fire Pedro? I get he isn’t THE problem, but how can they deny that he is A problem? On talent, this is not the worst team of all time.

Aside from JR not wanting to pay people not to work for him, Pedro is the perfect punching bag/human shield. 

30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The front office hasn't said a word about the timeline.  It's common sense that it will take a long time.  The lack of talent you mentioned is why it won't be quick.  This franchise, as it stands today is 50 games away from playoff contention, with absolutely zero in the upper minors when it comes to filling the offensive holes.  The guys who should have been ready to plug, have mostly flopped this year.  It's barren for the immediate future unless we trade for someone else's future players.

Getz has said the rebuild will take some time. He didn't put in an exact figure, but he has said he will take a while. The hint here is don't expect big free agent signings. Regardless, we can't expect a contending team soon. I don't even expect the FO to admit something is wrong. In a normal corporate situation, JR would have been gone a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

I don't watch the games obviously but has Grifol been doing anything like substitutions or bullpen usage that would suggest he's throwing games on purpose 

Does “not getting ejected” count?

• Haha 1

I don't watch the games obviously but has Grifol been doing anything like substitutions or bullpen usage that would suggest he's throwing games on purpose 

The first two games of this Rangers series saw some absolutely horrendous coaching decisions. 

21 minutes ago, Highland said:

Getz has said the rebuild will take some time. He didn't put in an exact figure, but he has said he will take a while. The hint here is don't expect big free agent signings. Regardless, we can't expect a contending team soon. I don't even expect the FO to admit something is wrong. In a normal corporate situation, JR would have been gone a long time ago. 

This isn't something that a few free agents would fix.  There are somewhere around half a dozen real major leaguers on the roster right now.  Pretty much the entire starting line up and the entire bullpens need to be redone, and there is nothing in the pipeline for all practical purposes.

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

This isn't something that a few free agents would fix.  There are somewhere around half a dozen real major leaguers on the roster right now.  Pretty much the entire starting line up and the entire bullpens need to be redone, and there is nothing in the pipeline for all practical purposes.

This team will be competing for the #1 pick in the 2026 draft next season.

1 hour ago, Saufley said:

This year I have not watched an at bat or a pitch thrown! This year I simply do not care. In an earlier post I read that in July so far they have 3 wins. Really? And people still watch this garbage of a team. In my years I have seen many White Sox teams both fun to watch and not, but seeing what Reinsdorf has allowed to happen this year is the worst! I'd like to say that I'll be back but who knows and it's up to this ownership group and I have no faith in them. I do enjoy reading the posts on this site so keep them coming. 

LOL I love that this is a standard response on a team’s fan message board. They have done everything in their power to earn it though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems to me that management is content with this losing situation. From what I can see the game plan is too have the lowest payroll in MLB for the 2025 season. 2025 should be another bad year but a very profitable one with the low payroll. In 2018 the team lost 100 games and was the 6th most profitable team in MLB with the low payroll.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

It seems to me that management is content with this losing situation. From what I can see the game plan is too have the lowest payroll in MLB for the 2025 season. 2025 should be another bad year but a very profitable one with the low payroll. In 2018 the team lost 100 games and was the 6th most profitable team in MLB with the low payroll.

If Jerry is making money, I’m happy.

DVS a few days ago at the Sun-Times wrote a story and as part of it he said that they don't expect the Sox to be active in the free agent market this winter.

Guess we can expect more dumpster-diving, has-been's, retreads and stiffs being signed.