The streak has reached 21. Raise a glass.

greg775

6 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

It seems to me that management is content with this losing situation. From what I can see the game plan is too have the lowest payroll in MLB for the 2025 season. 2025 should be another bad year but a very profitable one with the low payroll. In 2018 the team lost 100 games and was the 6th most profitable team in MLB with the low payroll.

Using those same metrics, this team hasn't turned a profit since 2020.

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

DVS a few days ago at the Sun-Times wrote a story and as part of it he said that they don't expect the Sox to be active in the free agent market this winter.

Guess we can expect more dumpster-diving, has-been's, retreads and stiffs being signed. 

As much as we would love the Sox to add, but why?  Why would you spend real money on this condemned shithole of a team?  You need to be able to at least sort of see .500 in the immediate future before you really spend, otherwise it is a complete waste.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

As much as we would love the Sox to add, but why?  Why would you spend real money on this condemned shithole of a team?  You need to be able to at least sort of see .500 in the immediate future before you really spend.

Seriously, adding FA pieces now would be horribly premature. We all want to watch star players on our team, but there is no foundation yet. What does adding a Juan Soto do for a likely 120 loss team when there is absolutely nothing surrounding him nor anything in the upper minors?

Edited by Tnetennba

2 hours ago, Highland said:

This season was gone a long time ago, but something needs to be done. This has gone beyond absurd. The FO can't keep telling fans that the rebuild will take a long time.  No position players coming up are showing anything.

Grifol and Getz should be gone. Bring in a good baseball man to take over and turn the franchise around. Right now, the franchise has no credibility. 50 games under .500 is insane. My god, can't anyone talk to JR? This team is being turned into one big joke.  Oh, Schriffen should go, too.

This is what a source told me about JR for a story I did in November 2022:

“People, his friends… have tried to tell him what has been going on, “Hawk” Harrelson, the late Ed Farmer… God rest his soul, Darrin Jackson, Scott Reifert (Author’s Note: Scott is the Senior Vice-President for Communications) , Bob Grim and others but it’s just not registering for some reason.”

59 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

As much as we would love the Sox to add, but why?  Why would you spend real money on this condemned shithole of a team?  You need to be able to at least sort of see .500 in the immediate future before you really spend, otherwise it is a complete waste.

I wasn't saying they should just passing on what was written recently. Someone in the thread asked about next year and I was simply letting them know what we can expect. 

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It was a 14 game losing streak, as I recall...let's not make it any worse than it is.  

Oh that’s right… let’s do this!

13 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Let's snap the losing streak so we have a shot at another double digit losing streak!

All good things come in threes

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Seriously, adding FA pieces now would be horribly premature. We all want to watch star players on our team, but there is no foundation yet. What does adding a Juan Soto do for a likely 120 loss team when there is absolutely nothing surrounding him nor anything in the upper minors?

Dipping into the free agent market won't solve everything, but the FO needs to make the team a little more competitive. The team is in a rebuild that isn't working. I don't see any positional players coming up from the minors. Sit on your hands again, and we will see another 100-loss season. Maybe two more.

8 minutes ago, Highland said:

Dipping into the free agent market won't solve everything, but the FO needs to make the team a little more competitive. The team is in a rebuild that isn't working. I don't see any positional players coming up from the minors. Sit on your hands again, and we will see another 100-loss season. Maybe two more.

We are 100% going to see AT LEAST 1 more 100 loss season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I really don't care, b/c the organization has shown time and time again that THEY don't care, so why should I. Previously I would get pissed at each loss, now I'm just numb to it and never watch any games, which has made life a tad less stressful. I'm out in the PNW so I'm not going to pay to watch this crap. At this point in the season what good is a win for us? Hope the guys with trade value keep it or increase it, let some of the young guys play (even that is tough for this org. to do-they are so stubborn), and count the days until we get new ownership because that is really all we can hope for...

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

39 minutes ago, MEANS said:

I really don't care, b/c the organization has shown time and time again that THEY don't care, so why should I. Previously I would get pissed at each loss, now I'm just numb to it and never watch any games, which has made life a tad less stressful. I'm out in the PNW so I'm not going to pay to watch this crap. At this point in the season what good is a win for us? Hope the guys with trade value keep it or increase it, let some of the young guys play (even that is tough for this org. to do-they are so stubborn), and count the days until we get new ownership because that is really all we can hope for...

That sums it up nicely.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This is what a source told me about JR for a story I did in November 2022:

“People, his friends… have tried to tell him what has been going on, “Hawk” Harrelson, the late Ed Farmer… God rest his soul, Darrin Jackson, Scott Reifert (Author’s Note: Scott is the Senior Vice-President for Communications) , Bob Grim and others but it’s just not registering for some reason.”

Maybe he’s demented and his family should put him in a home, what else can explain this disaster. Has he shown his face in public at all this year. I have read that hoarders can have Dementia and we know that JR loves hoarding money.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

• Kyyle23 changed the title to Eleven in a row ... bigger Yikes
13 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

When you really look at it, it’s amazing

updated the title with more yikes for today 

IMG_4191.jpeg

The White Sox could go on a 57 game winning streak, winning every single game the rest of this season, and they would still miss the playoffs.