The streak has reached 21. Raise a glass.

greg775

1 minute ago, Milkman delivers said:

Gotta get it to 23.

Nobody likes you when you’re 23. It just fits too perfectly for this team. It would also tie the longest record.

Setting up a huge series against the Cubs

Reinsdorf doesn’t have to sell, you know. He could just relinquish being the majority partner. Let someone else run the team.  Maybe Mellody Hobson. She’s smart enough to fire Getz, conduct a real search, and then let the professionals do their jobs. I think she already owns more of this team than Reinsdorf anyway.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Now on pace for a 39-123 record.  The Sox ability to fail is impressive.

Grifol for manager of the season! It is not often a manager has a record breaking season that surpasses all others in history.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Benetti is intertwining random ass phrases into the broadcast seamlessly while Schriffen..... well don't get me started.

Priceless.

Just a reminder the last win was game 1 of doubleheader. They lost the three previous games, so the last 20 times they’ve left the park, it was after a loss. 37-125? I think it’s doable. 

Edited by flavum
  • Paper Bag 1

9 hours ago, Quin said:

How dare he have fun!

Everybody knows I'm no huge Jason guy but I'm glad he got away from this sad sack pathetic clown org. He is a guy that deserves to enjoy his job as he's good at it objectively (regardless of my personal preferences for a play by play guy) and the Tigers, while no great franchise themselves, are certainly well, well ahead of our miserable org.

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Just a reminder the last win was game 1 of doubleheader. They lost the three previous games, so the last 20 times they’ve the park, it was after a loss. 37-125? I think it’s doable. 

I am having a hard time finding 10 wins on the schedule. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Reinsdorf doesn’t have to sell, you know. He could just relinquish being the majority partner. Let someone else run the team.  Maybe Mellody Hobson. She’s smart enough to fire Getz, conduct a real search, and then let the professionals do their jobs. I think she already owns more of this team than Reinsdorf anyway.

Interesting.. I always thought Reinsdorf was the majority shareholder or at least owned more shares than anyone else. Anyone know for sure who owns the most shares?

12 minutes ago, AlSoxfan said:

Interesting.. I always thought Reinsdorf was the majority shareholder or at least owned more shares than anyone else. Anyone know for sure who owns the most shares?

I believe JR owns somewhere around 20%.  As for the other 80%+; not sure if any investors actually own more less shares.  Point is:  JR is the General Partner of the investor group and Chairman of the Board for the franchise.  So he calls all the shots. 

The others, regardless of stake, are just there for investment/return.

Edited by FranksPillz
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I’d love to know what JR’s fellow owners feel about this disaster, do any of them have his ear?

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I’d love to know what JR’s fellow owners feel about this disaster, do any of them have his ear?

I'm under the impression that the owners don't care if this team loses.