The streak has reached 21. Raise a glass.

greg775

33 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

I saw some people on Twitter (I know, don’t care) mention that if they get swept in Oakland and then lose the Opener to the Cubs, they will have the MLB record losing streak.  It would then be followed by a fireworks show (scheduled).  That would be something.

That would put them at 24 straight losses which would indeed be the modern record. 

3 hours ago, Eminor3rd said:

I believe that JR has a very specific, very idiosyncratic vision of how “things should be,” with regards to compensation, player culture, management structure, fan experience, public relations, etc. I believe that vision may have had some link to reality in about the 1980’s, but has persisted totally unchanged in the subsequent decades, other than perhaps to have been strengthened in the few instances that someone was able to talk him into some divergent tactical decision that went onto fail anyway because of the impossible scenario within which it was expected to thrive. With each year that passes, JR’s version of “the business of sports” becomes increasingly untethered from anything resembling current reality, but unlike an average person in this scenario, JR’s superpower is to remain unflinchingly stubborn, such that no amount of influence or persuasion can pull him from his course, and perhaps to the point that the most heroic efforts to do so may even further harden his resolve. 

I believe he truly wants to win. But he ONLY wants to win HIS WAY. And having mired himself in this cesspool of toxicity for so many years, it may even be to the point where he would refuse an opportunity to win any other way, even if it was right in front of him. He has become an anti-hero, so unwilling to get out of his own way that he now finds himself consistently in the way of others’, but his utter lack of self-awareness and shame make it impossible even to pity him.

Maybe years after he’s gone, we’ll be ready to dig in further, because I think he may be as interesting as he is malignant — but it doesn’t feel interesting right now. 

I don't believe he wants to win. Nobody who truly wants to win says it doesn't mean it was a bad year if you finish 3rd or 4th. People who truly want to win would be disgusted with finishing 3rd or 4th. You think Kobe Bryant would every say some s%*# like that?

Oakland A's? It's over, baby. The A's are no good. There is no way the streak hits 21. That's my take. In fact the Sox will win this series. Could this be the start of a .500 finish? Many teams have gotten well on the Sox. Sox get well thanx to the woeful A's? We.Shall.See.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Oakland A's? It's over, baby. The A's are no good. There is no way the streak hits 21. That's my take. In fact the Sox will win this series. Could this be the start of a .500 finish? Many teams have gotten well on the Sox. Sox get well thanx to the woeful A's? We.Shall.See.

Well you hear it here first folks.  Pound the A's moneyline.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

As bad as the A’s are they are 19 wins better than the Sox.

And did you forget about the long history of the Sox west coast woes?  The horrors at the Coliseum?

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

And did you forget about the long history of the Sox west coast woes?  The horrors at the Coliseum?

And remember the Sox are starting a pitcher making his big league debut. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

19.5 games ahead of the Sox.

For context, that is equal to the gap between the first-place Dodgers and last-place Rockies, which is (other than the Sox, of course) the largest gap between worst and first in baseball.

Basically, we’re the Rockies playing the Dodgers tonight.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Did you forget about the long history of the Sox west coast woes?  The horrors at the Coliseum?

I confess that is one thing I did wonder about. But I figured that'd nullify in the year of the demise.

• Quin changed the title to The streak has reached 21. Raise a glass.

Soon, I can feel it, some team is going to wake up with a hangover and have 100 text messages from friends telling them the embarrassing thing they did while drunk the night before, lost to the Sox. 

3 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

You know it just gets harder to break this streak from here on out, as well. Teams are trying to make the postseason, and none of them want to be the team that drops a game to the worst team in baseball history.

If they don't beat the As this could get really ugly. Dimmagio, Ripken, and the 2024 White Sox. 

It’s absolutely wild that we’ve gotten to this point and they still haven’t made a change at manager.  I fully get the team sucks a fat you know what, but this s%*# is demoralizing to the players and a kick in the balls to the fans.  There is no good whatsoever to keep trotting Grifol out there.  Just make a change you stubborn fucks.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s absolutely wild that we’ve gotten to this point and they still haven’t made a change at manager.  I fully get the team sucks a fat you know what, but this s%*# is demoralizing to the players and a kick in the balls to the fans.  There is no good whatsoever to keep trotting Grifol out there.  Just make a change you stubborn fucks.

This would have never been allowed to continue with any other manager/coach in any other professional sport. This is really something.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, T R U said:

This would have never been allowed to continue with any other manager/coach in any other professional sport. This is really something.

Which is why we need to cheer for the record.  I hate rooting against my team, but let Jerry & Getz reap what they sow with this.  The national media is finally going after these clowns with full force and at some point Jerry has to take the earmuffs off and realize he’s single-handily destroyed this franchise and must step aside one way or the other.  It’s very possible, even likely, that the Sox will never be competitive again in Jerry’s lifetime with the damage he’s done.  And why I think he gives two fucks about us fans, he’s also costing his heirs a ton of money by turning this franchise into the second biggest joke in sports behind the A’s.  Might as well keep losing at historically bad levels until he’s willing to acknowledge he’s the problem.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Which is why we need to cheer for the record.  I hate rooting against my team, but let Jerry & Getz reap what they sow with this.  The national media is finally going after these clowns with full force and at some point Jerry has to take the earmuffs off and realize he’s single-handily destroyed this franchise and must step aside one way or the other.  It’s very possible, even likely, that the Sox will never be competitive again in Jerry’s lifetime with the damage he’s done.  And why I think he gives two fucks about us fans, he’s also costing his heirs a ton of money by turning this franchise into the second biggest joke in sports behind the A’s.  Might as well keep losing at historically bad levels until he’s willing to acknowledge he’s the problem.

I really really want them to break the all time losing streak record against the Cubs this weekend. The ultimate embarrassment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

My Twitter timeline is full of pictures of players with their heads in their hands and Grifol leaning back in the dugout, but the video of Vargas just shell-shocked is the worst

• Like 2