The streak has reached 21. Raise a glass.

greg775

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

There's just no way they break the record given they're playing the A's next, is there? I think it's possible they tie it but I'm not sure they break it. 

Never put anything past this organization but being swept only gives them a tie with the 61 Phillies at 23.

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Oakland is bad, but they have way more talent than this Sox roster.  I have faith in the streak. 

29 MLB teams have more talent than the White Sox and there isn't any help of any significance on the way.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Eminor3rd said:

Maybe it’s wins that’ll get him fired? Idk I’m grasping at straws 

I suggest that Sox fans boycott attendance to GRF until Grifol is fired or at least the losing streak is over.  Hit JR in the pocketbook.

15 hours ago, Saufley said:

It appears there is no shame in this organization and ownership group. In all my years as a fan of the White Sox I have never been more disgusted than I am now!

If you can still feel disgust then you're better than me.  Most people I know have moved on from disgusted and are just watching the dumpster fire in bemusement.  I wonder how long the streak can go.

Jerry & co have successfully killed interest in the White Sox for thousands of fans who thought they were die hards, like me.

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

If you can still feel disgust then you're better than me.  Most people I know have moved on from disgusted and are just watching the dumpster fire in bemusement.  I wonder how long the streak can go.

Jerry & co have successfully killed interest in the White Sox for thousands of fans who thought they were die hards, like me.

I am very amused and was even before this stretch. I would love to see them break the losing streak record and the single season loss record. Truly, go down as the worst team of all-time. Make history, boys. Don't stop now. 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

4 hours ago, Heads22 said:

my guess is they won't fire him til the road trip is over because otherwise they'd have to pay extra to fly him back

IIRC when they dumped Carlton Fisk on a road trip he had to get back home on his own!!

4 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I thought it was 22 for some dumb reason. 

Longest MLB losing streak in 36 years so far.  JR has destroyed the White Sox brand.

All those celebrities who used to wear the Sox caps will be too embarrassed to wear them now, along with thousands of fans.  I guess Sox jersey sales have collapsed. It is a disgrace.

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

I suggest that Sox fans boycott attendance to GRF until Grifol is fired or at least the losing streak is over.  Hit JR in the pocketbook.

Does money from attendance make a big difference to a clubs finances in baseball?

Being from the UK I know that in the case of many Premier League Football teams they can operate without the money from attendance because of the numerous sponsorships and off field earnings.

4 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Does money from attendance make a big difference to a clubs finances in baseball?

Being from the UK I know that in the case of many Premier League Football teams they can operate without the money from attendance because of the numerous sponsorships and off field earnings.

Attendance money definitely makes a difference.   Obviously JR is (or was) running the team right now with a inflated budget from the last couple seasons and nobody is coming to the park this year and a lot of last year, and he is fine.  But this is reducing and basically cutting off revenue streams, everyone that doesn’t come into the park, doesn’t buy a beer and food and apparel etc.  and nobody wants to come next week because this week was so fun.  And nobody is paying for parking, and less people are doing the 50/50 raffle 

it’s just all bad.  This is a historic level of shooting yourself in the foot 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Attendance money definitely makes a difference.   Obviously JR is (or was) running the team right now with a inflated budget from the last couple seasons and nobody is coming to the park this year and a lot of last year, and he is fine.  But this is reducing and basically cutting off revenue streams, everyone that doesn’t come into the park, doesn’t buy a beer and food and apparel etc.  and nobody wants to come next week because this week was so fun.  And nobody is paying for parking, and less people are doing the 50/50 raffle 

it’s just all bad.  This is a historic level of shooting yourself in the foot 

Higher attendance = more $15 dollar Campfire Milkshakes sold!

53609231931_00178b21f7_h.jpg

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Green Line said:

I am still interested in the call ups and the minor league development.  Thank God for Future Sox, I love those guys.

To try and keep some type of hope I thought about how bad Baltimore sank. They stunk and were stuck with a terrible owner, and they turned it around. JR isn't going to be around forever. My suggestion is to eat healthy and work out, so you outlive him. 

8 hours ago, Green Line said:

Feel disgusted? This season I have not watched and at bat or pitch thrown. Why even watch this team? The ownership group doesn't care so why should I?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

I am still interested in the call ups and the minor league development.  Thank God for Future Sox, I love those guys.

To try and keep some type of hope I thought about how bad Baltimore sank. They stunk and were stuck with a terrible owner, and they turned it around. JR isn't going to be around forever. My suggestion is to eat healthy and work out, so you outlive him. 

The difference is that Baltimore still had a clue of what it takes to compete in today's game, even with terrible ownership.

JR insists on "his" way.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Feel disgusted? This season I have not watched and at bat or pitch thrown. Why even watch this team? The ownership group doesn't care so why should I?

I've stopped watching. Schriffen is awful, and Stone is embarrassing himself. And nothing seems to shame this franchise.  It is frustrating because the team has never been in this bad a shape. This is we get for tanking. More tanking is on the way.

1 hour ago, Falstaff said:

Baltimore invested in scouting, player development and analytics. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hankchifan said:

The TV and sponsorship money is guaranteed. Attendance is nice but doesn't really move the needle too much. 

At this point most anything that would help today takes away from 2027. The team is only going to get worse after Robert and Crochet are gone. 

And if you don't have any hope in the team rebuilding and developing anyone, then it's going to be decades of this.