The streak has reached 21. Raise a glass.

greg775

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Maybe he’s demented and his family should put him in a home, what else can explain this disaster. Has he shown his face in public at all this year. I have read that hoarders can have Dementia and we know that JR loves hoarding money.

He's been at home games this year I've been told in his box suite, usually by himself.

Again from the November 2022 story:

“JR has become oblivious to things and what he’s allowed to happen is sad. He’s probably the most successful owner in Chicago sports history given the Bulls titles and the White Sox one which is dear to his heart, but what has happened the last two years is just sad. He is out-of-touch. And even worse he’s inaccessible. He’s either afraid of having to answer questions or he’s incapable of doing so.”

3 hours ago, Highland said:

Dipping into the free agent market won't solve everything, but the FO needs to make the team a little more competitive. The team is in a rebuild that isn't working. I don't see any positional players coming up from the minors. Sit on your hands again, and we will see another 100-loss season. Maybe two more.

How much good is Andrew Benintendi doing for this roster right now? Because that is the type of free agent this organization signs.  A roster full of C and D level FA is already the worst team in franchise history, and is on pace to be one of the worst teams in Major League baseball history. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

How much good is Andrew Benintendi doing for this roster right now? Because that is the type of free agent this organization signs.  A roster full of C and D level FA is already the worst team in franchise history, and is on pace to be one of the worst teams in Major League baseball history. 

I would hope they could do better than an Andrew Benintendi type. I never understood their fascination with him. Right now, they're not doing anything right. A new approach is needed but not on the horizon. Never thought it would get this bad.

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 13 in a row ... the yikes continue until further notice
On 7/26/2024 at 7:53 AM, Highland said:

I would hope they could do better than an Andrew Benintendi type. I never understood their fascination with him. Right now, they're not doing anything right. A new approach is needed but not on the horizon. Never thought it would get this bad.

Memories of 2013-2016 scouting Sox won out.   Devers did not. 

Edited by caulfield12

27 minutes ago, fathom said:

Truly one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen is Grifol not losing his job yet 

biggest middle finger to the fan base was allowing him to crater what's left of this team, this wouldn't happen on 29 other teams.  he would've been fired in May if he was managing anywhere else

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, flavum said:

Even the last win was a game 1 of a doubleheader. It’s been 22 days since they went to sleep on a W.

But Grifol is fine. 

Yet Giants are gonna have two wins within 4 hours of each other

Even if you removed our two longest losing streaks of the season (17 and 14), our record of 27-50 (.351) would still be the worst in the MLB as of today (next worst - Colorado at 38-69 for a .355 winning percentage)

• Haha 1

• Kyyle23 changed the title to 14 in a row (x2)... the yikes continue until further notice
On 7/27/2024 at 9:44 PM, fathom said:

Truly one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen is Grifol not losing his job yet 

It's ridiculous really. There is no professional sports organization that would allow this to linger for as long as it has.

I understand that Grifol is most likely getting fired at the end of the season, but there is literally no reason at all he hasn't been fired yet. They have to pay him regardless, and the interim manager is already on the payroll. Its not costing any extra money. To just let this rot all season is doing far more damage.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoeC said:

Even if you removed our two longest losing streaks of the season (17 and 14), our record of 27-50 (.351) would still be the worst in the MLB as of today (next worst - Colorado at 38-69 for a .355 winning percentage)

I did a bit of a memory dump on the 17 game losing streak. I just figured this one had been the longest....but I guess it still might be by the time they are done. What was that line from Ditka? "We might not win another game all year"

3 hours ago, wegner said:

I did a bit of a memory dump on the 17 game losing streak. I just figured this one had been the longest....but I guess it still might be by the time they are done. What was that line from Ditka? "We might not win another game all year"

The Sox haven't lost 17 games in a row (yet.....) A pair of 14 game ones heading into tonight. 

• southsider2k5 changed the title to 14 in a row (x2)... the yikes continue until moral improves
10 hours ago, JoeC said:

For some reason I thought we had lost 17 in a row in May / June.

I think there was a random win in a DH at the beginning that would have added 3 more losses