The streak has reached 21. Raise a glass.

greg775

1 hour ago, Dam8610 said:

6 away from tying the AL record, 8 away from tying the MLB record, which of course means 5 more losses before the next win.

If they lose tonight, they break the franchise non-single-season losing streak record of 15, which they did in 1967-68.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I think this is the first time in history they have ever been 55 games under .500. And there is still a third of the season to go. 

You are correct. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I think this is the first time in history they have ever been 55 games under .500. And there is still a third of the season to go. 

And we thought last years 61-101 was bad. The ineptitude of this team is historic and beyond description. My grandchildren are in their 20s but some of you younger people can tell your grandkids when they’re sitting on your lap how you survived the worst season in the history of Major League Baseball.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

And we thought last years 61-101 was bad. The ineptitude of this team is historic and beyond description. My grandchildren are in their 20s but some of you younger people can tell your grandkids when they’re sitting on your lap how you survived the worst season in the history of Major League Baseball.

We all knew it was going to be bad by August, but the actual reality of it is so much more depressing than I figured. We're so far away from even being a s%*# 70 win team that I can't see any path forward out of this.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We all knew it was going to be bad by August, but the actual reality of it is so much more depressing than I figured. We're so far away from even being a s%*# 70 win team that I can't see any path forward out of this.

We are talking about a 40 game improvement to get to .500.  That's absurd.

• Paper Bag 1

If as has been suggested by some that this existence is just a computer simulation, as a Sox fan I have a question for our AI overlords.....what the f*** did I ever do to you??!!??

46 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Have to get one of those commemorative plaques “I SURVIVED THE 2024 WHITE SOX SEASON”

but really none of us have survived.  We are all collateral damage(d)

• Like 1

I can honestly say that in all my years of following the White Sox, this is the lowest point I have had in watching the team. I was one row behind the dugout on Saturday and just to watch how there is no joy on this team and no fire from the coaching staff. It's one thing to lose, but its another to accept it. This team has already accepted itself as a loser and they are all empty jerseys at this point. 

Luis looks horrific at the plate. He's not seeing the ball well and not even focusing on getting the damn thing in play. He's clearly quit. 

The only fire I see is from the young guys called up. They have nothing to lose. 

I'd be happy to clean out the entire roster and staff. This team needs an awakening, but that does not matter. 

As long as Reinsdorf owns the team, the Sox will a s%*# show. 

3 minutes ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

I can honestly say that in all my years of following the White Sox, this is the lowest point I have had in watching the team.

Part of me wishes to say "well no s%*#, sherlock."

But I completely empathize with you.

21 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Have to get one of those commemorative plaques “I SURVIVED THE 2024 WHITE SOX SEASON”

but really none of us have survived.  We are all collateral damage(d)

Maybe the next Sox special night could be Buy a ticket, receive trauma therapy?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

When someone tracked down KW and he refused to comment on the team out of respect for JR and only JR, I wonder who the animosity was aimed at? It's either Tony or Brooks or both. 

And/or the dude who took his job.

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And/or the dude who took his job.

Maybe. I just don't think Getz is clever enough to think getting his bosses fired for incompetence would lead to a big promotion even though he wasn't competent.  

• southsider2k5 changed the title to 16 in a row ... sweet yikesteen