KLaw chat

https://meadowparty.com/blog/2024/07/25/klawchat-7-25-24/

James
1:13
Hear a lot of chatter about the White Sox dealing Crochet… why not just sign him long term or keep him?

Keith Law
He's already blown out once and had a shoulder issue in college. This is the most he's ever pitched in a calendar year at least going back to HS.

John S
What's a hypothetical package you're putting together for a SP if you're the Orioles? I'd love to include a current player on the roster (a la Mountcastle/Urias/Injured Mateo) but figure Seattle is the only team that would be interested.

Keith Law
1:14
Mountcastle + Norby + Basallo + 4th guy from lower in the system (Estrada?) should get you anyone on the market, no? Again, not my beat and I know I'm out of my lane here.

JeffG
1:30
Have you ever seen so many popup guys in a midseason list? Is it mostly promotions/draft class or is player dev driving it?

Keith Law
1:30
Oh I love it. Makes the job fun. All of the above - lot of graduations, a lot of guys falling (Colson, Lesko, Termarr), middling draft class that didn't place a ton of guys on the list, and some real development wins.

Ethan
1:52
Given the uncertainty around Marte and impending free agency of bader, what do you think the cost would be for the nets to acquire Luis Robert Jr. If they attach benintendi’s contract would that lower the acquisition cost?

Keith Law
1:52
I don't think the White Sox are that concerned with saving money - they need to add talent any which way.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

The idea that the Sox would take less for Robert to get Benintendi off the books is pretty unfounded and absurd. Their cheapness is more about investment than payroll.

People have repeated the old false conspiracies so much, they're numb to them. They need new canards to enrage them properly. As if the 10 game losing streak wasn't enough. 

18 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

The idea that the Sox would take less for Robert to get Benintendi off the books is pretty unfounded and absurd. Their cheapness is more about investment than payroll.

Investment in what, exactly?

2 hours ago, Quin said:

Guys, the Nets acquiring Luis Robert and Andrew Benintendi is a plot twist that this season absolutely needs.

Then Getz resigns Benintendi after he's DFA'd. Nets?