7/25 - Sox/Rangers

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re telling me this 2025 Opening Day lineup does nothing for you?

• 1B: Vaughn
  • 2B: Lopez*
  • SS: Baldwin#
  • 3B: Sosa
  • LF: Benintendi*
  • CF: Fletcher*
  • RF: Colas*
  • DH: DeLoach*
  • CA: Lee

Bump Fletcher to RF and insert Robert into CF.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

? ? 

6 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Chris is going to have a hell of a time assembling a respectable offense in the next few years. It's so putrid.

And I have no confidence he knows what constitutes a good offensive player.  Montgomery’s awful season really dampens any expected lineup for next year in terms of watch ability.

Edited by fathom

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not enough grinders

-Chris Getz probably

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

And I have no confidence he knows what constitutes a good offensive player.  Montgomery’s awful season really dampens any expected lineup for next year in terms of watch ability.

I don't know how to go about it, but boy do they need to do something about position player development. Or Getz needs to acquire almost finished products in Robert/Crochet returns and just pray.

• Like 1

Just now, DirtySox said:

I don't know how to go about it, but boy do they need to do something about position player development. Or Getz needs to acquire almost finished products in Robert/Crochet returns and just pray.

Yep, need guys like Mayo that can be put into the lineup. Big projects like Zavala have no shot in this organization.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

Thames is another person that should be out of a job by now.  It’s one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen in sports…just about worst start in history and no one has lost their job yet.  Other teams would possibly be in their third manager of the season by now.  f*** off Reinsdorf

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, need guys like Mayo that can be put into the lineup. Big projects like Zavala have no shot in this organization.

Let’s be honest, guys like Mayo have no shot either. Might as well load up on pitching and try to win games 2-1.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Let’s be honest, guys like Mayo have no shot either. Might as well load up on pitching and try to win games 2-1.

Give me power hitters who can hit the ball in the air.  They’re never gonna win enough 2-1 games to be competitive playing half their games at GRF and this organizations inability to scout defensive players.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

At least the Rangers sweeping probably creates some hesitation of selling

Also, fucking fire Grifol the moment the trade deadline is over with

The way for Getz to really impress me is if he somehow snuck Grifol into a trade.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Give me power hitters who can hit the ball in the air.  They’re never gonna win enough 2-1 games to be competitive playing half their games at GRF and this organizations inability to scout defensive players.

Just saying even a guy like Mayo will be a bust here if we’re being honest

• Like 1

How did Cannon look today? I was only came to watch one inning (B3), and he didn't look sharp (luckily the double play limited the damage). He didn’t seem to have any command in that inning. 

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Thames is another person that should be out of a job by now.  It’s one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen in sports…just about worst start in history and no one has lost their job yet.  Other teams would possibly be in their third manager of the season by now.  f*** off Reinsdorf

The only group of White Sox who hasn't vastly underpeformed this year is the pitching.  I know the bullpen has been awful, but most of that is because they aren't good bullpen pitchers.  The starters as a whole have all been as good as, or better than, expected.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think he’s simply trying to do too much with an offense around him that’s completely worthless

Really? I think he looks completely disinterested. Much like the end of last year when this season was long over.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The only group of White Sox who hasn't vastly underpeformed this year is the pitching.  I know the bullpen has been awful, but most of that is because they aren't good bullpen pitchers.  The starters as a whole have all been as good as, or better than, expected.

Agreed, the hitting was always going to be poor, but this is bad to an extreme level.

Just now, fathom said:

Agreed, the hitting was always going to be poor, but this is bad to an extreme level.

The hitting was going to be bad, but again almost to a man, guys are at career norms, or below.

• Like 1