7/25 - Sox/Rangers

56 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea I've changed my mind. Fire him now. If nothing else it might show some of the players a hint of accountability.

On those same lines I'd outright DFA Sheets and let Colas come up and get all the RF and some DH AB.

Agreed.  Grifol should be fired but won’t until the end of the season.

Sheets should be DFA right after the deadline if he isn’t traded for some used jockstraps.  Colas should be getting all of his at bats.

28 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Big Frank and Ozzie lit this s%*# show up on the post game. Wow

When they gonna light up JR?

Frank, Ozzie, Chuck and Pods are all PR guys designed to deflect blame from JR and Getz. Nothing more. That's why AJ isn't around.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

Frank, Ozzie, Chuck and Pods are all PR guys designed to deflect blame from JR and Getz. Nothing more. That's why AJ isn't around.

Yep, obviously they know who butters their bread.  AJP DGAF.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

lol they will never light up JR on that show.  Doesn’t he own a 50 percent stake in that channel because of bulls and Sox lol

1 hour ago, Quin said:

As soon as you light up your boss with the guarantee you'll be fired.

Did the Sox really get swept in another 4 game series? It's tough to lose 11 in a row at this stage of the season. I mean, cmon you got to be bad to not get hot on a given night out of 11. And to top it off we had a 14-gamer in May? This is so laughable. Sox have ruined the spring and summer for a lot of us former baseball fans. I hate the winter and so look forward to spring. No longer in terms of baseball. You think I'm looking forward to start of 2025 season? Ha.

Sox just cannot hit on the road. Not great at home but on the road? Wowsie, Five hits?? My gawd. Sox trying to put baseballs in play with wiffle ball bats. 11 in a row. And nothing but gloom on the immediate horizon, all of 2025 to go with this crud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

Postgame shows as a rule don’t play the blame game. That’s why we have fan websites. 

2 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

Yes, which is why I mentioned AJ.

Thing is, it makes all of the "Chuck/Ozzie/Frank are taking this team to town!!!" takes weak. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Agreed.  Grifol should be fired but won’t until the end of the season.

Sheets should be DFA right after the deadline if he isn’t traded for some used jockstraps.  Colas should be getting all of his at bats.

Somehow he is on the organization's s%*# list.  If that is the case they shoulda traded him.

Some of those that don't get trade will be put on waivers I assume.

15 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Somehow he is on the organization's s%*# list.  If that is the case they shoulda traded him.

Some of those that don't get trade will be put on waivers I assume.

A team with very close to zero major league position player talent, and not much more in the minors, should not have a s%*# list that includes any once highly ranked position player prospects.

And a terrible 28 year old 1B with no hitting ability and no power (.688 career OPS!) should definitely not be getting at bats in the outfield over a guy like Colas.

Terrible roster management.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

Yesterday's starters versus 2025.  Majority of this putrid is going to be out this year as trades or next year as non-tenders.

LF - Pham ... GONE

CF - Robert ... 50/50 Trade/Starter

RF - Sheets/Julks ... Sheets GONE and Julks AAA Depth

3B - Senzel ... GONE

SS - Lopez ... GONE

2B - Baldwin ... Starter or Depth

1B - Vaughn ... Starter

C - Lee ... Starter

DH - Eloy ... No option pick up and punted to the moon

PH - Benintendi ... Trade for Peanuts or DFA

PH Dejong ... GONE

Get to work Getz.

Edited by DFAthewave69420
Forgot item

29 minutes ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Yesterday's starters versus 2025.  Majority of this putrid is going to be out this year as trades or next year as non-tenders.

LF - Pham ... GONE

3B - Senzel ... GONE

SS - Lopez ... GONE

1B - Vaughn ... Starter

C - Lee ... Starter

PH Dejong ... GONE

Get to work Getz.

You say this like there are tons of better options at all of these spots.  We open up the doors for guys like Sosa, Julks, and Colas (well maybe), but we really don't have guys ready, which is why these trades are so important.  We need to find those guys before things start to get better.

10 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

A team with very close to zero major league position player talent, and not much more in the minors, should not have a s%*# list that includes any once highly ranked position player prospects.

And a terrible 28 year old 1B with no hitting ability and no power (.688 career OPS!) should definitely not be getting at bats in the outfield over a guy like Colas.

Terrible roster management.

I am sure the Sox will eventually leak it, but I would love to know what mortal sin that Colas committed, and how to get Sheets to do the same.

1 hour ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

LF - Pham ... GONE

3B - Senzel ... GONE

SS - Lopez ... GONE

1B - Vaughn ... Starter

C - Lee ... Starter

PH Dejong ... GONE

Get to work Getz.

Won't be a DFA.   Just no way. 

Benintendi is here to stay.  No chance they DFA him and pay $50m to not play.  He’s completely untradeable.  So…he’s going to play 100+ games in LF for the foreseeable future.  

I wonder how much of his contract the Sox would have to pay to get a team to take a chance on Benny?  If the Sox picked up $10m of the $15 per year would it work?  $12?  I mean they have to pay him anyway, would a little relief be better than nothing?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wonder how much of his contract the Sox would have to pay to get a team to take a chance on Benny?  If the Sox picked up $10m of the $15 per year would it work?  $12?  I mean they have to pay him anyway, would a little relief be better than nothing?

2024: $17,100,000 (about 2/3 paid now)

2025: $17,100,000

2026: $17,100,000

2027: $15,100,000

I don't know how much they would have to pay for another team to take him. But I would imagine he won't be DFA'd until about May/June 2026 if he is still terrible and no hope of trading him.

Edited by Bob Sacamano