Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD

Jon Heyman of the New York Post writes that the Sox are telling interested teams they’re willing to hang onto Fedde into next season if clubs don’t overwhelm them with a trade package. It’d nevertheless be a huge surprise if the 31-year-old is still in a White Sox uniform by Wednesday. There’s no realistic path for the Sox back to contention by next season and little chance that Fedde’s trade value will be higher than it is now — when he’s pitching at a career-best level and comes with a year and a half of cheap control.

?

Yeah, I’m sure the Sox are going to risk Fedde being a one year wonder.  He’s gone.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

11 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I wonder what scouts think about him?  His minor league numbers that last couple years don’t really justify his #67 ranking in MLB’s top 100, and I’m guessing he may be off the list completely in their next update.

But if the Sox scouts (yikes) think Melton is legit, a Melton and SS Brice Matthews package could net Fedde.

The Astros would probably rather give up Melton than Matthews.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I wonder what scouts think about him?  His minor league numbers that last couple years don’t really justify his #67 ranking in MLB’s top 100, and I’m guessing he may be off the list completely in the next update.

But if the Sox scouts (yikes) think Melton is legit, a Melton and SS Brice Matthews package could perhaps net Fedde.

He's #76 on the brand new BA list.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Not even Getz could f*** this one up, could he? An obvious "pump and dump" signing in the offseason, one of the only ones that worked, and now you just gotta dump him after a very successful pump. Don't blow it.

Pump the brakes there killer

• Haha 8

8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really don’t like the Cardinals system for our needs

Agreed.

I expect if Fedde is moved to STL, Getz will want Victor Scott II and another piece. His vision is all about speed, defense and contact over power and I wouldn't be shocked at all if it's something like Scott (50) and like a 45. That would be Robert's replacement in center and would provide GG defense plus speed on the basepaths. 

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Agreed.

I expect if Fedde is moved to STL, Getz will want Victor Scott II and another piece. His vision is all about speed, defense and contact over power and I wouldn't be shocked at all if it's something like Scott (50) and like a 45. That would be Robert's replacement in center and would provide GG defense plus speed on the basepaths. 

I just can’t get behind this as our only big trade.  We desperately need offense wherever we can get it from and that’s not Scott.  I think there are better options than St. Louis for Fedde.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I just can’t get behind this as our only big trade.  We desperately need offense wherever we can get it from and that’s not Scott.  I think there are better options than St. Louis for Fedde.

I agree....but Getz has a profile that he wants for better or worse and yeah STL is not a great fit.

I'd rather have Beavers +, but I don't think it will be BAL. 

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Have you seen Scott’s hitting this year?  He’s literally perfect for what Getz has acquired.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Have you seen Scott’s hitting this year?  He’s literally perfect for what Getz has acquired.

I have and right now he looks like a poor man’s Dominic Fletcher (and I don’t mean that in a good way).  Yes, I’m aware of the defense value he brings, but there is no hope for this franchise until we start adding multiple everyday guys who can hit 20+ HRs while sporting average or better OBP’s.  And since Fedde might be our only big chip we move, it needs to be for a guy who can help this offense in the next year or two.  My bigger worry is that Getz will simply acquire more pitching and claim they will flip from their surplus at a later date to fix the offense.  And that would the final nail in the coffin for me in terms of having any hope for Getz ever being able to build an offense.

• Like 1