Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Kinda have to move him before his start tonight, no? Would be wild to take that risk. 

Agree.

There is no point to him pitching tonight unless you're keeping him

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Kinda have to move him before his start tonight, no? Would be wild to take that risk. 

I hope you’re right, but it feels like there hasn’t been any movement on the SP front so that may take more time.

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I hope you’re right, but it feels like there hasn’t been any movement on the SP front so that may take more time.

The deals so far haven't been groundbreaking that's for sure. 

38 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I’d cancel his start. He’s absolutely going to get traded. Unnecessary risk

Sounds like Davis Martin in the clubhouse. So at least they have a plan.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I have and right now he looks like a poor man’s Dominic Fletcher (and I don’t mean that in a good way).  Yes, I’m aware of the defense value he brings, but there is no hope for this franchise until we start adding multiple everyday guys who can hit 20+ HRs while sporting average or better OBP’s.  And since Fedde might be our only big chip we move, it needs to be for a guy who can help this offense in the next year or two.  My bigger worry is that Getz will simply acquire more pitching and claim they will flip from their surplus at a later date to fix the offense.  And that would the final nail in the coffin for me in terms of having any hope for Getz ever being able to build an offense.

I fully agree we need OBP and power, particularly savage power, but unfortunately Getz doesn't seem to value that and he's apparently content trying to win games 4-3 or 3-2 with pitching, defense and speed on the bases. 

I'm not really a fan of this philosophy particularly in our ballpark, but it is what it is. 

He might get a savage bat at some point in these trades, but I doubt he will get a bunch of them.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sounds like Davis Martin in the clubhouse. So at least they have a plan.

Forgot about Davis Martin. He didn't look too shabby in his first stint with the team. Hopefully he can be a solid end of the rotation guy. 

3 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:

Can probably add mets to list. Lost senga for rest of season. Hopefully drives up price

To the Mets in a deal headlined by Clifford. Do it. Cardinals have no one I want.

6 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Wonder if the Mets might also be into Crochet?

The Mets farm has some good pieces. It's a match for either pitcher tbh.

Williams and Gilbert have both been hurt all year. Acuna is trending downward. Probably a utility player. Parada is a must avoid, down arrow prospect. I like Sproat. I love Clifford. That's pretty much it for me.

A lot of Baty squat from the Mets fans on X.  He and his .607 OPS is the kind of failed prospect the Sox need to stay far away from.  Jordan Walker is another one - DH only hasn't hit since 2022.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

A lot of Baty squat from the Mets fans on X.  He and his .607 OPS is the kind of failed prospect the Sox need to stay far away from.  Jordan Walker is another one - DH only hasn't hit since 2022.

Yep, no thanks to either one.

Not trading Fedde would be a colossal failure. He has no future on a contending White Sox team and his value will never be higher. 

I don’t care if the return is consider underwhelming, he has to be moved.

• Like 4