Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD

2 hours ago, peanut33tillman said:

I can see Getz milking this one to the end to try to maximize the return best he can to a desperate buyer. 

Good, he should. Hey, that rhymes… do I get a cookie?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Footnote here:  The runner up to signing Erick Fedde was the NY Mets

34 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Mets looking at Fedde per Sherman.

This is part where I insecurely claim victory,  right?

27 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

And Getz, if the Twins are Guardians make the best offer, take it.  Who cares if he throws against us a few times next year.

laughing at idea of Sox not wanting to move Fedde to a division rival. Who gives a crap? He’s 32 and the team isn’t likely competing again until he’s 35 and washed or close to it. If a division team gives you the best package you freaking take it, at least for him!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Getz running to the Braves because he doesn't have a clue as to what he is doing. The Braves farm is devoid of position players...

Let's pretend Fedde, Crochet, Robert get traded. I think I would be okay with ONE of them being pitching heavy as long as the other two are position heavy. And I hope the Pham/Kopech moves are position as well. 

16 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Let's pretend Fedde, Crochet, Robert get traded. I think I would be okay with ONE of them being pitching heavy as long as the other two are position heavy. And I hope the Pham/Kopech moves are position as well. 

We need like 7 position players assuming Montgomery and Quero pan out.  Almost every trade here on out should be position player heavy IMO.  I have zero faith the Sox will ever sign a big bat at big $$$.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

18 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I'm more along the lines of only Fedde, Kopeck and Pham being moved at this point with Fedde bringing back mostly pitching. Look at what the Rays are doing right now. They are running circles around the Sox organization when it comes to maximizing returns. Maybe I'll eat my words, but this feels all too familiar like past deadlines where the Sox come up with excuses that the market wasn't there for them.

54 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

We need like 7 position players assuming Montgomery and Quero pan out.  Almost every trade here on out should be position player heavy IMO.  I have zero faith the Sox will ever sign a big bat at big $$$.

No offense, but why are we assuming Montgomery is gonna pan out? His performance this year has to be deeply concerning. Quero is a switch hitting catcher who is a solid game caller. Floor for him is a lot higher. If Montgomery doesn’t hit, the profile does not work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

No offense, but why are we assuming Montgomery is gonna pan out? His performance this year has to be deeply concerning. Quero is a switch hitting catcher who is a solid game caller. Floor for him is a lot higher. If Montgomery doesn’t hit, the profile does not work.

If you can’t hit velocity, you have no shot in the majors 

3 hours ago, GreenSox said:

And Getz, if the Twins are Guardians make the best offer, take it.  Who cares if he throws against us a few times next year.

The not trading within the division thing perplexes me.  Do they honestly think they are going to compete next season?  I mean they might be dumb enough to believe that, but, that would just be exhibit 97 why this is the most incompetent franchise in professional sports from top to bottom.  

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

If you can’t hit velocity, you have no shot in the majors 

The question is how much of that is related to a potential back issue.  I don’t ever recall hearing about this problem until the AFL.  And it’s not like AA is lacking of pitchers with high velocities and he hit very well there.

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

i think Law was probably right - hasn't been the same since the back injury.  There really wasn't any sign of him being unable to hit velocity before that.  Hopefully he can recover from that.  But he may not - great prospects turn to crap all the time.  
The one plus is that he's not changing his approach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

The not trading within the division thing perplexes me.  Do they honestly think they are going to compete next season?  I mean they might be dumb enough to believe that, but, that would just be exhibit 97 why this is the most incompetent franchise in professional sports from top to bottom.  

And even if they were contenders, who cares?  The AL East teams trade with each other all the time.

Schueler had that "we won't trade with the AL" nonsense when he was white flagging it; we ended up with Foulke and a pile of crap instead of the Lowe and Varitek that Boston got for Slocumb who wasn't as good as Roberto Hernandez, not to mention the other players that the Sox threw into the trade.

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

i think Law was probably right - hasn't been the same since the back injury.  There really wasn't any sign of him being unable to hit velocity before that.  Hopefully he can recover from that.  But he may not - great prospects turn to crap all the time.  
The one plus is that he's not changing his approach.

That was my question.  Back injury will jack up a lot, hopefully that is it.