Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Haven’t seen it posted it here, but apparently the Sox have been trying to pry away Jordan Walker in a Fedde trade per Fegan

Haha, Eloy 2.0

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Haven’t seen it posted it here, but apparently the Sox have been trying to pry away Jordan Walker in a Fedde trade per Fegan

Going after a big time sell low candidate.  Does anyone think the Sox could fix his swing if the Cardinals couldn’t?

https://redbirdrants.com/posts/the-cardinals-must-stop-tinkering-with-jordan-walker-s-swing-01j3n4ep4k3w

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How much control does he have left? Sporttrac not loading for me. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Going after a big time sell low candidate.  Does anyone think the Sox could fix his swing if the Cardinals couldn’t?

https://redbirdrants.com/posts/the-cardinals-must-stop-tinkering-with-jordan-walker-s-swing-01j3n4ep4k3w

With their extensive success rate developing bats, what do we have to worry about?

• Haha 3

Here’s the source article and blurb…

https://soxmachine.com/2024/07/pregame-notes-another-game-obligated-to-be-played-by-league-rules/

I can at least assure they have other Fedde suitors than the Guardians and Twins. They’ve at least tried to wrest away former top-5 prospect Jordan Walker from the Cardinals in talks over Fedde, per multiple sources.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

2024 Contract Status: Signed thru 2024, 1 yr/$747k (24)

Service Time (01/2024): 0.149  •  Arb Eligible: 2026  •   Free Agent: 2030

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Debuted last year but only played in 117 games. Should have 4 more years after this one. 

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

He makes Eloy look good defensively and his minor league numbers are horrible this year. 

He's a really talented kid, but Sox don't seem to be the ones that could fix him. His numbers as a 21 year old were impressive but he's broken right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's a really talented kid, but Sox don't seem to be the ones that could fix him. His numbers as a 21 year old were impressive but he's broken right now.

Reminds me so much of Eloy, and that’s not just the god awful defense POV.  He has a wide open stance that needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

probably because you're typing "sporttrac"? lol, it's spotrac

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Reminds me so much of Eloy, and that’s not just the god awful defense POV.  He has a wide open stance that needs to be fixed.

If Eloy wasn't made of glass he'd probably be carlos Lee. The injuries and time away have undoubtedly hurt him offensively and made him useless. 

13 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Trying to solve their RF hole yet again with a guy who is far from a guarantee to do so.

DeLoach, Fletcher, and now Walker…

Not suggesting I support a Walker trade, but at least he has youth on his side unlike those other two

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

62%…how the f*** can this org not teach these guys to elevate the ball?!

Much like Michael Kopech, if they aren't willing to listen, isn't much you can do.

Walker has a huge groundball rate. Spray chart indicates a lot of hard grounders right at 3b. Sox are not the team to fix him. That said, there's no one else from the Cards I really want. Trade him to the Mets for Ryan Clifford.