Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD

57 minutes ago, fathom said:

Haha, Eloy 2.0

Except a way worse hitter in the minors. Honestly I can't think of a worse fit for both sides. There's plenty of talent there but the White Sox aren't going to get it out

20 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Per James Fegan in the comments section of this article…

IMG-1260.jpg

Walker as a headliner for Fedde would be underwhelming even beyond the concerns with whether he's fixable. Fedde should net more than a reclamation project headliner

Emmanuel Rodriguez would be a very nice headliner for a Feede to Twins trade. Not sure if they part with him, but would be nice. Rodrigues and CH Culpepper?

Cardinals don’t really have a headliner level hitting prospect. Trying to resurrect Walker’s swing doesn’t interest me at all. We have a history of making hitters worse if anything. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Emmanuel Rodriguez would be a very nice headliner for a Feede to Twins trade. Not sure if they part with him, but would be nice. Rodrigues and CH Culpepper?

Cardinals don’t really have a headliner level hitting prospect. Trying to resurrect Walker’s swing doesn’t interest me at all. We have a history of making hitters worse if anything. 

Culpepper cannot be traded yet

I hope Pedro isn’t advising him.  Describing Nick Senzel as “a strong right handed bat” is not the sort of advice Getz needs. 

Hr should at least objectively consider the twins and guardians offers.  

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Now this would be sweet!

Why? Neither the Cardinals or Dodgers have a particularly interesting hitting prospect to get back. 

And what am I missing with Edman? I feel like he has very little value. A mediocre utility guy coming off of wrist surgery can’t bring much back.

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Why? Neither the Cardinals or Dodgers have a particularly interesting hitting prospect to get back. 

And what am I missing with Edman? I feel like he has very little value. A mediocre utility guy coming off of wrist surgery can’t bring much back.

You have Getz attention. 

• Haha 2

Yep.  The Dodgers could likely acquire Edman rather easily without needing a third team to get involved, so I assume they would be getting additional player(s) back from the Sox as well.

The Dodgers have stuff that makes sense for Fedde and can help facilitate a trade to the Cardinals if they are the most interested team.  Obviously Edman isn’t coming to Chicago in this hypothetical three way.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Dodgers have stuff that makes sense for Fedde and can help facilitate a trade to the Cardinals if they are the most interested team.  Obviously Edman isn’t coming to Chicago in this hypothetical three way.

Getz:  Hold on now...

12 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Wonder what else could be involved in that three team trade? Could be a big one. 

Dodgers need to free 40/25 man slots and move guys the Sox wouldn't be interested in.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah Edman would be going to the Dodgers…so they wouldn’t be giving up any prospects of significance. They aren’t trading Fedde level prospects for Edman. It would be the Dodgers eating Edman’s contract and probably throwing in a 3rd lotto ticket prospect going to the Sox 

2 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Yeah Edman would be going to the Dodgers…so they wouldn’t be giving up any prospects of significance. They aren’t trading Fedde level prospects for Edman. It would be the Dodgers eating Edman’s contract and probably throwing in a 3rd lotto ticket prospect going to the Sox 

He may not be as valuable as Fedde, but he’s not valueless.

9 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Wait why? 

Sorry, thought you were referring to SS Culpepper they just drafted not P Culpepper you must be referring to. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

This was my thought too when I saw this. This sounds like a very underwhelming return If it goes this route. Don’t see dodgers unloading anything too exciting  for Edman. 

Just now, peanut33tillman said:

This was my thought too when I saw this. This sounds like a very underwhelming return If it goes this route. Don’t see dodgers unloading anything too exciting  for Edman. 

There obviously could be more moving parts to the deal. I doubt it’s just Fedde to STL, Edman to LAD and 1 player to Sox. 

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Id be all for it. Boom or bust

Yeah, I’m not as anti Walker as some seem to be. Dude was a consensus top 5 prospect in the game 350 days ago. It’s gonna be tough to find more upside for Fedde, plus he still has 5 years of control even if Sox brought him straight up post trade. Not saying I love it or it’s without risk, but the talent is there. Sounds like Cards rebuffed the request anyway. 

• Like 1