Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Walker has a WRC+ of 112 and OPS of .787 as a rookie LAST YEAR. Was the #1 prospect. 

Sure he’s a DH, but he’s a gamble worth taking.

And he hasn’t hit since his rookie season, in the majors or minors.  Also, we already have a sub-.800 OPS DH that hits nothing but ground balls and people can’t wait until he is gone.  Now we want another one?  I guess at least Walker would be cheap…

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, I’m not as anti Walker as some seem to be. Dude was a consensus top 5 prospect in the game 350 days ago. It’s gonna be tough to find more upside for Fedde, plus he still has 5 years of control even if Sox brought him straight up post trade. Not saying I love it or it’s without risk, but the talent is there. Sounds like Cards rebuffed the request anyway. 

And no matter if you like the Sox ability to fix him, the Sox need superstar ceilings badly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He may not be as valuable as Fedde, but he’s not valueless.

Yeah now that I’m reading some articles it seems Edman probably has more value than I thought. Seems kinda crazy to me giving up any prospect with real value for a guy like Edman. But I’m also aware my opinion on this is worthless, so hopefully I’m way wrong and that trade can work out in our favor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Reminds me so much of Eloy, and that’s not just the god awful defense POV.  He has a wide open stance that needs to be fixed.

If only we could find a Bannister equivalent to revamp or organizational hitting program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

hope Pedro isn’t advising him

Have a feeling that asshat doesn’t have anyones ear. ? The f*** has he earned?

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Walker has a WRC+ of 112 and OPS of .787 as a rookie LAST YEAR. Was the #1 prospect. 

Sure he’s a DH, but he’s a gamble worth taking.

You may be right. But his minor-league numbers were bad last year and they are even worse this year. He hit better in the majors than the minors last year. I don’t know if that was just happenstance or what. 
and I just hate to start the rebuild off with a bad defender.  

• Thanks 1

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Fedde to STL has "momentum", nothing definitive
7 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Jordan Walker would be a hilarious return for an organization that has no clue how to develop or fix hitters.

Then we’re doomed regardless.  But I like Walker’s upside.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Jordan Walker would be a hilarious return for an organization that has no clue how to develop or fix hitters.

They have to start at some point so may as well start with someone with huge upside. They should probably be going for much higher ceilings instead of higher floors if they want to dig themselves out of this.

• Like 3

I sill fail to see what appealing prospects either the Cardinals or Dodgers can offer…other than taking the gamble on Walker.

Something like…

White Sox out- Fedde

White Sox in- Victor Scott, Leonardo Bernal and  Josue DePaula

Dodgers out- DePaula

Dodgers in- Edman

Cardinals out- Edman, Scott, Bernal

Cardinals in: Fedde

But even that feels very underwhelming honestly 

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

I sill fail to see what appealing prospects either the Cardinals or Dodgers can offer…other than taking the gamble on Walker.

Something like…

White Sox out- Fedde

Dodgers out- DePaula

Dodgers in- Edman

Too much value for Sox. Too much given up by Dodgers. I wonder if Bernal has to go to the Dodgers here. That feels more right and the Sox sending Brebbia or something to the Cards as well

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Something like…

White Sox out- Fedde

Dodgers out- DePaula

Dodgers in- Edman

De Paula for Fedde straight up would be a no brainer

4 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Something like…

White Sox out- Fedde

Dodgers out- DePaula

Dodgers in- Edman

Dodgers only getting Edman for DePaula isn't right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

They have to start at some point so may as well start with someone with huge upside. They should probably be going for much higher ceilings instead of higher floors if they want to dig themselves out of this.

Oh I get it. The approach is sound. I just don't have faith in this org in particular to pull it off.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Best case Jordan Walker has a career in right like Jermaine Dye.  Worth a shot for a lottery ticket free agent signing.  Parlay the Fedde ticket, Getz.

Let’s hold up a bit on that comparison, Jermaine Dye has a hell of a career before he had to sign a prove it contract with the Sox because he broke his leg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1