Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD

24 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Dodgers only getting Edman for DePaula isn't right.

What if the Dodgers get Edman and give up Alex Freeland? The Cards then get Fedde, while giving up Edman and something else to the Sox. 

Sox obviously give up Fedde and get back Freeland and whatever else from the Cardinals to make it work. No clue if this makes sense. Just thinking out loud. 

7 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Can someone explain to me how someone goes from being a consensus top 5 prospect in MLB and having a good rookie season in 2023 to not being worth acquiring for Fedde in less than one season?  

I don’t think that’s the issue.  The concern is that Walker’s swing needs to be fixed and no one has faith in the Sox being the team to be able to fix him.  See Eloy Jimenez and various other hitters.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Can someone explain to me how someone goes from being a consensus top 5 prospect in MLB and having a good rookie season in 2023 to not being worth acquiring for Fedde in less than one season?  

Major failure and systemic holes in approach being exposed at the major league level, the specific skills of which the Sox have not been able to address in their own players.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Major failure and systemic holes in approach being exposed at the major league level, the specific skills of which the Sox have not been able to address in their own players.

That's ground ball rate and chase rate in his case?

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I hope so. Getz needs to get a couple of things done today. He's got too many guys he needs to move, and he can't do it all in one day. 

I agree - we need to see 2 to 3 deals today. I would think the one that goes down to the wire are Crochet and Robert.  And than guys like Flexen and Lopez are probably final hour candidates. Rest shoudl be a few today and a few tomorrow.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

He “bombs” a ton of news, nothing to see here

Just seems like a tweet of the guy throwing crap at the wall to see if it sticks, since there has already been news that the Cardinals are pushing hard for Fedde.

Two unnamed prospects.  I smell BS…

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Just seems like a tweet of the guy throwing crap at the wall to see if it sticks, since there has already been news the the Cardinals are pushing hard for Fedde.

Two unnamed prospects.  I smell BS…

Probably right but in his defense, he did post a tweet 2-3 days ago that Cards were pushing hard for Fedde…Heyman just posted that earlier today. 

https://x.com/moccbomb/status/1816942706784108663?s=46&t=KRiUv-HaNu4P_C3WWUG0Qg

Edited by heirdog
Added link

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Victor Scott just screams like a guy Chris Getz would be targeting.

Yep I mentioned that earlier.....Getz values defense and speed and that's who I would expect from STL.

If he got Walker and Scott out of it then you get both potentially a good bat if the former rediscovers himself and you get the CF replacement too and a guy who can run on the bases too.

I doubt Getz could get both. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yep I mentioned that earlier.....Getz values defense and speed and that's who I would expect from STL.

If he got Walker and Scott out of it then you get both potentially a good bat if the former rediscovers himself and you get the CF replacement too and a guy who can run on the bases too.

I doubt Getz could get both. 

That seems like a reasonable framework of a deal.  It would have been nice to pull one more lower level lottery ticket kind of guy, but that isn't awful.  And honestly, if it is the leading deal at this point, you probably take it.

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That seems like a reasonable framework of a deal.  It would have been nice to pull one more lower level lottery ticket kind of guy, but that isn't awful.  And honestly, if it is the leading deal at this point, you probably take it.

Scott II has had a really rough 2024 season, as has Walker 

Could be a buy low opportunity, but I would rather target players with helium vs. top prospects who are struggling

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They can even have Tanner Banks thrown in and I'll take a lower guy.

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Fedde to STL in a three way with LAD