Randy Arozarena traded to SEA

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Starting to get the impression Getz is gonna look real bad following this deadline. Mods, feel free to merge or delete my dup thread.

This feels like most other trade deadlines/winter meetings where we expect our big chips to be dealt only for nothing to happen as teams go with alternate options.

Edit: his numbers on the season aren’t even great but he’s been hot the past month.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

6 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Starting to get the impression Getz is gonna look real bad following this deadline. Mods, feel free to merge or delete my dup thread.

Not a shocker at all.

While Getz was quick to acquire a bunch of veteran bums this past offseason that are going to set the franchise losers record, he is now slow to trading away his entire roster minus one guy (Thorpe) when it is the most obvious path forward.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

So in one day, the team most desperate for a bat acquires a different OF and our prized SP sabotages his near-term value.  This is on top of our 11th straight loss plus all our minor league affiliates losing and most key prospect playing bad.  

Damn it feels good to be Sox fan each and every day.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This feels like most other trade deadlines/winter meetings where we expect our big chips to be dealt only for nothing to happen as teams go with alternate options.

Edit: his numbers on the season aren’t even great but he’s been hot the past month.

He’s got the same wRC+ without the defensive value.  Will be interesting to see what he went for.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

So in one day, the team most desperate for a bat acquires a different OF and our prized SP sabotages his near-term value.  This is on top of our 11th straight loss plus all our minor league affiliates losing and lost key prospect playing bad.  

Getz is just outclassed by every other GM and low payroll team that knows you have to move quick with trades.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So in one day, the team most desperate for a bat acquires a different OF and our prized SP sabotages his near-term value.  This is on top of our 11th straight loss plus all our minor league affiliates losing and lost key prospect playing bad.  

It’s really on par with being a fan of this franchise ha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Getz is just outclassed by every other GM and low payroll team that knows you have to move quick with trades.

I need to see the return before jumping to any conclusions, but can’t believe the Rays would just give Randy away in this market for scraps.

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Not a shocker at all.

While Getz was quick to acquire a bunch of veteran bums this past offseason that are going to set the franchise losers record, and then slow to trading away his entire roster minus one guy (Thorpe) when it is the most obvious path forward.

I highly doubt there has been any offer for Crochet or Robert that has been worth taking. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I need to see the return before jumping to any conclusions, but can’t believe the Rays would just give Randy away in this market for scraps.

I just can’t wait to hear the excuses for Getz, as a follow-up to the excuses for his mostly garbage offseason.

“Teams didn’t want our players…”

“It takes two teams to make a deal…”

”How do you know Getz won’t get more for Crochet / Robert / Fedde in the offseason?”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wow, that’s a very reasonable price unless the PTBNL is someone substantial.

Arozarena will turn 30 over the offseason and sure doesn’t seem to be improving.  The Mariners will have two more expensive arbitration years left.  The Rays definitely know when to dump guys.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1