Randy Arozarena traded to SEA

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Arozarena will turn 30 over the offseason and sure doesn’t seem to be improving.  The Mariners will have three more expensive arbitration years left.  The Rays definitely know when to dump guys.

His numbers are down this year, but also has a super low BABIP and a wOBA below his xwOBA.  In a market lacking bats, I’m shocked this is what he went for.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

His numbers are down this year, but also has a super low BABIP and a wOBA below his xwOBA.  In a market lacking bats, I’m shocked this is what he went for.

True.  I like the return for Puk more.  But then again, we don’t know who the PTBNL is yet.

29 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Randy has like a 166 wRC+ since June 1st. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Will it be any surprise at all when these guys pan out for the Rays?

Not one bit. But the Ms had to do something to address their offensive woes, and didn’t have to dip into their top ten to do it. Hopefully they aren’t done adding (cough cough Luis Robert). 

5 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

#14 & #15 at BA FWIW.

It probably is worth highlighting that the Mariners have a top 2 system with eight prospects in the top 100, so guys in this area are mid top 10 org guys in almost any other system.  That being said, I still don’t think this return wreaks of a market desperate for bats.

17 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Why are people whining about Getz in here on a trade that isn’t in the same ballpark as what the return on Robert would need to be? 

I’m not whining about Getz here…just worried the return makes it harder to imagine a Robert trade happening, at least one to our liking.

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

Why are people whining about Getz in here on a trade that isn’t in the same ballpark as what the return on Robert would need to be? 

It tells me that we may need to reset our expectations. At least I know I need to reset mine. He’s not as good as Robert, but he’s not that far off either, at least by his WAR. 
Tampa did avoid some pitfalls such as rule five eligible A ball players. 

I'm ok with Getz waiting till the last day to make deals that is when teams get the most desperate and if someone doesn't want to fork up what it would cost to get Crochet or Robert so let it be it. We don't want Sox to give up these talented players for middle of the pack prospects

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not whining about Getz here…just worried the return makes it harder to imagine a Robert trade happening, at least one to our liking.

Been saying for awhile, Robert’s current value isn’t near what most here seem to think it is. It’s fine, we’ll hold on to him until the bitter end of his contract and get nothing for him ala Moncada.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Been saying for awhile, Robert’s current value isn’t near what most here seem to think it is. It’s fine, we’ll hold on to him until the bitter end of his contract and get nothing for him ala Moncada.

I would imagine Getz has rolling tiers of return value he'd accept for Robert and Crochet. A best offer available now that gets him 80% of what he was hoping for might be better than one in December that gets him 90%.

The wild card is what faith does he have in his system to develop players at bat and in the field? If they really do think they have a Bannister for hitters they can go more lower ranked toolsy players instead of demanding top ten in the game prospects. 

2 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

Another damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario. You have some fans who chose every opportunities to blame Getz for everything. He didn't make the 1st major trade if the off season . He's sitting on his hands. He asking too much . He's in over his head.

Then if he makes a trade it would be " Why didn't he wait til closer to the deadline ? Doesn't that idiot know how to pit one team against the other to get their best last minute offers " ??? " He's in over his head !!. Or wow what a terrible trade.

Basically the fan base is split between everything the Sox do is bad and some who are slightly more reasonable and only think most of what the Sox do is bad.?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Yea. This return sure doesn't indicate a seller's market. 

I disagree. Arozarena is a defensively challenged left fielder who got off to a rough start in a down offensive environment. In return, the Rays get 2 up arrow young players. Smith is a 2023 high school pick who has had real success in A ball. That is a valuable piece. Probably not enough for Robert, but a good haul for the Rays.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Another damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario. You have some fans who chose every opportunities to blame Getz for everything. He didn't make the 1st major trade if the off season . He's sitting on his hands. He asking too much . He's in over his head.

Then if he makes a trade it would be " Why didn't he wait til closer to the deadline ? Doesn't that idiot know how to pit one team against the other to get their best last minute offers " ??? " He's in over his head !!. Or wow what a terrible trade.

Basically the fan base is split between everything the Sox do is bad and some who are slightly more reasonable and only think most of what the Sox do is bad.?

Let us know when the Sox are relevant again ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

This is kind of how I see it playing out… 

This is about the same return that AJ Puk got.  Hitters just don't get the same demand as pitchers do at the TDL.  Just hold on to Robert if this is what the market looks like.  You have three more years of control to still work with.