Randy Arozarena traded to SEA

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is about the same return that AJ Puk got.  Hitters just don't get the same demand as pitchers do at the TDL.  Just hold on to Robert if this is what the market looks like.  You have three more years of control to still work with.

I don't believe Robert and Arozarena are in the same stratosphere. I also don't think this even takes the Mariners out of the Robert sweepstakes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I don't believe Robert and Arozarena are in the same stratosphere. I also don't think this even takes the Mariners out of the Robert sweepstakes.

Yeah they still need bats and still have the ammo to make moves.

We play Seattle this weekend. Would be nice if Robert had some great games and left Chicago with the team.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I was actually thinking exactly this, as it leaves the top 10/15 entirely in tact.  Lord knows Seattle needs boatloads of help right now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I was actually thinking exactly this, as it leaves the top 10/15 entirely in tact.  Lord knows Seattle needs boatloads of help right now.

They have so many holes.  OF still being one of them. DH being one. Robert still in a major need for them

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah, don't know how interested they are in a big deal with someone and/or the Sox, but the they still have the firepower to pull a top flight position player into the fray.

11 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

They have so many holes.  OF still being one of them. DH being one. Robert still in a major need for them

If you look at June onward, Vaughn would be a legitimate upgrade for them.

That's not a compliment to Vaughn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

If you look at June onward, Vaughn would be a legitimate upgrade for them.

That's not a compliment to Vaughn.

I was going to say, looking at the numbers overall, he isn't an upgrade over France. But I guess Arozarena has only been good from June to this point. They just called up Locklear for 1B though.

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I would imagine Getz has rolling tiers of return value he'd accept for Robert and Crochet. A best offer available now that gets him 80% of what he was hoping for might be better than one in December that gets him 90%.

The wild card is what faith does he have in his system to develop players at bat and in the field? If they really do think they have a Bannister for hitters they can go more lower ranked toolsy players instead of demanding top ten in the game prospects. 

Who designed and staffed that same development system? 

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Who designed and staff that same development system? 

It's his baby, now, but nobody knows what interference he got from above, what he was allowed to do, and what was funded. As soon as he became decision maker, Bannister was in the door, so it seems to me that was his idea, nobody else really wanted a pitching czar. 

3 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

They could upgrade any of 1B, 3B, RF, and DH. Arozarena feels like a good upgrade to fall back on in case they can't upgrade elsewhere. They didn't dip into their top 10 though, so there is no reason they can't add another impact bat and a high leverage pen arm before Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Snopek said:

Actually surprised the Mariners are buyers. I think they're toast. Good on them for trying though.

Their starting staff is too good this year to squander. Yes their offense has been dreadful, but they are still in a virtual tie with Houston for 1st. Mariners fans would riot if they waived the white flag at the deadline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Music to my ears! 

Kopech and Robert. I will caveat I also like the Phils for Robert so I hope both teams are in cause that would be 2 aggressive GM's in the bidding for Robert (and teams with some high end talent I like).  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Kopech and Robert. I will caveat I also like the Phils for Robert so I hope both teams are in cause that would be 2 aggressive GM's in the bidding for Robert (and teams with some high end talent I like).  

Phils just traded for Hayes.  I imagine they're out on more OFers

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Phils just traded for Hayes.  I imagine they're out on more OFers

Totally agree. I can't see them ponying up for Robert now.