Randy Arozarena traded to SEA

5 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I hope jimbo is right.  Who knows, it could just be Vaughn loll

Between Locklear and Vosler, they have two young but unproven 1B on the roster already. They need actual upgrades, not a guy that's already proven to be a bust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

As a pretty ardent follower of the Rays this shocked the hell out me. Arozorena was very popular with Rays fans.  He got off to a bad start this year but he’s been on fire since June 1st. They’re going to have to rename Randyland out in the left field seats at the Trop.

That seems like a very light return. Arozarena hasn’t exactly been tearing it up this year, but he’s still been well above average overall the last few years with 2 more years of control

4 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I don't believe Robert and Arozarena are in the same stratosphere. I also don't think this even takes the Mariners out of the Robert sweepstakes.

The upside is greater with Robert but I’d rather put my money on Arozarena actually producing over 150 games a year, so it kind of evens out in my mind. This is somewhat concerning return relative to Robert imo. Hopefully if Getz doesn’t get an A/A- return, he just holds. Don’t get why Rays even made this move

It'll be Pham. Slight upgrade to their outfield without breaking the bank for Robert. It's a half-effort - they can show that they're trying, but it doesn't hurt them in the long run if they can't get out of this tailspin.

1 minute ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

It'll be Pham. Slight upgrade to their outfield without breaking the bank for Robert. It's a half-effort - they can show that they're trying, but it doesn't hurt them in the long run if they can't get out of this tailspin.

Pham for a 15-25 prospect and get back Nick Solak who is raking in AAA.

• TLR 1

1 hour ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Pham for a 15-25 prospect and get back Nick Solak who is raking in AAA.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’ll pass on the 29 year old.  Thanks.

38 minutes ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Wrong

Try again

image.png

4 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Phils just traded for Hayes.  I imagine they're out on more OFers

Which contenders will step up for a big ticket item I hope Fedde is traded soon but he's not considered enough of a big ticket item to set off a surge of buying activity to keep pace with what a rival may be doing to upgrade.

Need some chain reaction panic buying to keep up with the Jones'es.

Randy Arozarena in a cool thing is walking in the walkway behind Randyland and shaking hands with his fans and thanking them for their support, how great is that, still can’t believe the Rays traded him.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Try again

image.png

Was he questioning that I was wrong about Solak’s age or that he still thinks a 29 year old player would be worthwhile for the Sox to acquire?  I’m not sure but he’s still wrong either way.  ?

If Getz makes any trade in which he acquires a player who will be 30 at the start of 2025, he is an even dumber GM than I thought he was, which I thought would be impossible.

Edited by WhiteSox2023