7/26 Games

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Iriarte was wild but effective.  Meanwhile, Gonzalez is hitless since the break.  What a bad, bad pick.

It runs counter to everything Mike Shirley has done otherwise. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Blake Mitchel was their guy.  When the Royals took him at pick 8 dumbass Hahn/Haber cut a deal with Gonzalez.  

I just don’t understand why the pivot wasn’t Nimmala or Miller. My goodness 

• Like 2

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Maybe Miller had a bigger number if he went higher? I mean, he signed for $800K less than Gonzalez, but possibly his agent wanted slot wherever he went? Otherwise, none of it makes sense. You wonder about Jacob’s conditioning. Two years in a row, his hitting has dropped off a cliff late in the season. If he doesn’t hit, he has no other tools to make himself a mlb contributor. He’ll be coaching HS ball in 5 years.

3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Right or Kyle Teel.  He only signed for $100k more than Gonzalez.  They could've offered him $4.1M and they still would have been $300k under slot.  It didn't make sense at the time and it looks much worse now.  

• Like 1

Davis Martin was scheduled to pitch earlier in the day. Instead he went to Chi as insurance (Feede scheduled 7/27). Eder may not have realized he was pitching and got shelled/no control. 3.1 innings,7 walks. Perhaps explains it?  Still 4 days rest but had 5-6 days between previously. Maybe different routines.

4 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Davis Martin was scheduled to pitch earlier in the day. Instead he went to Chi as insurance (Feede scheduled 7/27). Eder may not have realized he was pitching and got shelled/no control. 3.1 innings,7 walks. Perhaps explains it?  Still 4 days rest but had 5-6 days between previously. Maybe different routines.

Got an excuse for the rest of his season? Time to accept that Eder probably just isn’t good. 

GG

Though do the sox appreciate you repeating what you heard when you were in the draft room on this message board? I know if I ran a jeep dealership and i told my salesman what my bottom dollar price was on a brand new Wrangler with the doors welded shut (what a car) and they went out and told the customers that info, id probably be pissed!

23 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Blake Mitchel was their guy.  When the Royals took him at pick 8 dumbass Hahn/Haber cut a deal with Gonzalez.