O's, Phils Swap Austin Hays for Seranthony Dominguez

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Platoon option for Marsh is my guess. Phillies have an open 40-man spot now too.

Yeah I know they were looking for a platoon player. And he has a .894 OPS against lefties this year.

To compare, Pham has an .848 OPS. He'll be moved somewhere to platoon.

Good trade for both. Clearly Baltimore is not interested in moving big prospects or taking huge swings. They are looking to swap the guys the prospects are going to replace. I can’t fault them for that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Good trade for both. Clearly Baltimore is not interested in moving big prospects or taking huge swings. They are looking to swap the guys the prospects are going to replace. I can’t fault them for that.

They should still make a move for a SP but I don't think they will deal Kjerstad or Cowser to get one.

30 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

They should still make a move for a SP but I don't think they will deal Kjerstad or Cowser to get one.

I think they are not dealing Holliday, Basallo, Mayo, Kjerstad, or Cowser. I don’t think they are looking to deal Norby either. I think the strategy is to try to get something for their declining veterans like Mullins and Mountcastle and sweeten it with mediocre pitching prospects like Povich and McDermott. If they have to, they can include Bradfield, who’s a glorified pinch runner or someone like Fabian. I think Horvath might be something, but he couldn’t be the centerpiece for Crochet, Robert, or Fedde.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I think they are not dealing Holliday, Basallo, Mayo, Kjerstad, or Cowser. I don’t think they are looking to deal Norby either. I think the strategy is to try to get something for their declining veterans like Mullins and Mountcastle and sweeten it with mediocre pitching prospects like Povich and McDermott. If they have to, they can include Bradfield, who’s a glorified pinch runner or someone like Fabian. I think Horvath might be something, but he couldn’t be the centerpiece for Crochet, Robert, or Fedde.

Then they aren't getting any top flight players

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Everyone's playing patti-cake so far with depth pieces .

Deadline dud . Prove me wrong.

• Fire 1

59 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Everyone's playing patti-cake so far with depth pieces .

Deadline dud . Prove me wrong.

The last two days are always the biggest.  It will ramp up on a parabolic arc.

• Like 1