If the Sox really want to win by 2027

2 hours ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Is "Smith" Noah Schultz? 

See there's your FIVE ace starters. 

They are slow walking him so much wasn't convinced he would make it by 2027 lol. 

Sasaki

Crochet

Schultz 

Smith

Thorpe

Quite realistically best rotation in the majors to start 2027, at very least Top 3-5. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

See there's your FIVE ace starters. 

They are slow walking him so much wasn't convinced he would make it by 2027 lol. 

Sasaki

Crochet

Schultz 

Smith

Thorpe

Quite realistically best rotation in the majors to start 2027, at very least Top 3-5. 

Instead of losing 9-1, we lose 2-1.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

So, theoretically, if the Sox had Sasaki right now then they would be all good

You have a better plan? 

Let's see it. 

Strip out Sasaki they still SHOULD have an excellent rotation with Crochet AND lots of depth.  Not nearly as exciting though to electrify fanbase. 

Don't forget Davis Martin, too. 

Someone just suggested keeping Fedde long term but we need position prospects and he's now in his 30's. 

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

When are we going to do the 90s and 2000's Sox thing of winning 10-9 slugfests? 

2028? 

2029? 

Debut real hitters with the new stadium? 

When we actually find an offense,  for a start.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

When we actually find an offense,  for a start.

It is best to build around pitching, but a team can't an offense like the Sox have now and expect to win. There are many other things wrong with this franchise, too. I don't expect to see a winning team any time soon.

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You have a better plan? 

Let's see it. 

Strip out Sasaki they still SHOULD have an excellent rotation with Crochet AND lots of depth.  Not nearly as exciting though to electrify fanbase. 

Don't forget Davis Martin, too. 

Someone just suggested keeping Fedde long term but we need position prospects and he's now in his 30's. 

I absolutely love when you go “FINE!  WHY DONT YOU EXPLAIN THE HISTORY OF AGRICULTURE THEN!” when I joke around with your premise

If you're Getz selling the best rotation in the future and the return from Luis Robert down the line sounds much more plausible than filling nine full spots across a starting lineup or signing Soto Alonso Wheeler Machado etc. 

We already have in hand 4/5 pitchers we will need on that future competitive roster. 

And at least five more starters to dream on in the minors... 

We just might have 2-3 league average hitters right now. 

MIGHT being the operative word here. 

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

You've been saying that for like 70 years now.

Actually not since I'm not that old. ?

And my response was to kitekrazy's comment that I took to mean new ownership could be worse.

I find it hard to imagine it could be. 

Posted (edited)

At least Kimbrel got touched up tonight and there's those growing boos starting to build late in the season in Camden Yards...that provided some measure of happiness.

Four bad outings in a row, 3 disastrous.

They might need to bench him for Seranthony Dominguez.

Edited by caulfield12

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

It's quite simple. 

Hold Crochet (extension) and sign Roki Sasaki for whatever it takes. Hold Robert until trade value is maxxed out down the line. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/roki-sasaki-update-mlb-executives-planning-for-npb-ace-to-be-posted-this-offseason-per-report/

That gives you Sasaki Crochet Smith Thorpe and a long list of contenders for #5.  Best rotation in the majors. 

Back end Cannon Iriarte G.Taylor Berroa Eder Bush... throw every young pitcher out there like the Sox did in the late 90s to unearth the next Buehrle over the following two seasons...if it's not already there in the form of Thorpe. 

Pray for a Montgomery return to health. Wolkow debut in 2026/27. Quero sticks as league average C.  Have to dump Benintendi just for the sake of youngsters as a poor dead man walking role model. Get ONE league average starter out of Sosa/Gonzalez/Baldwin/Ramos.

Need to fight like hell to get fWAR for bullpen defense and offense to at least around #18-22 in the majors.   

Obviously hit on all the trades this DDL. Finally move on from Shields and Vaughn. 

Easy peazy. Breezy. Etc. 

At least that's a plan. I've been asking Sox fans who approve of tanking to at least outline a plan for the future.

You, who aren't the biggest tank fan ever, have outlined a frickin' plan. Thank you. It seems reasonable to me.

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

We just might have 2-3 league average hitters right now. 

I'm starting to doubt Robert. His BA hasn't been much over .230 all season. His stats blow chunks. He passes the eye test but more as a graceful center fielder than as a hitter where he kind of stinks frankly. I wouldn't give up much for him if I were another team's GM, that's for sure. He kind of blows.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

At least that's a plan. I've been asking Sox fans who approve of tanking to at least outline a plan for the future.

You, who aren't the biggest tank fan ever, have outlined a frickin' plan. Thank you. It seems reasonable to me.

They won't get Sasaki but should at least try. 

Corbin Burnes, Max Fried (hurt), Flaherty, Pivetta, Severino and Scherzer top of FA market for pitchers. 

Only one true difference maker in Burnes... ton of mileage on that arm the last five years. No quick fixes other than gambling on Sasaki... who should be better than Matsumoto as long as healthy. 

Edited by caulfield12

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

It's quite simple. 

Hold Crochet (extension) and sign Roki Sasaki for whatever it takes. Hold Robert until trade value is maxxed out down the line. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/roki-sasaki-update-mlb-executives-planning-for-npb-ace-to-be-posted-this-offseason-per-report/

That gives you Sasaki Crochet Smith Thorpe and a long list of contenders for #5.  Best rotation in the majors. 

Back end Cannon Iriarte G.Taylor Berroa Eder Bush... throw every young pitcher out there like the Sox did in the late 90s to unearth the next Buehrle over the following two seasons...if it's not already there in the form of Thorpe. 

Pray for a Montgomery return to health. Wolkow debut in 2026/27. Quero sticks as league average C.  Have to dump Benintendi just for the sake of youngsters as a poor dead man walking role model. Get ONE league average starter out of Sosa/Gonzalez/Baldwin/Ramos.

Need to fight like hell to get fWAR for bullpen defense and offense to at least around #18-22 in the majors.   

Obviously hit on all the trades this DDL. Finally move on from Shields and Vaughn. 

Easy peazy. Breezy. Etc. 

Did you literally come up with this plan and forget about our best prospect and one of the three or four best pitching prospects in all of baseball?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

10 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Still need bats! Sign Soto to massive deal and make him the face of the franchise the next 14-15 years.

Edit: while we are talking about things that won't happen.

It’s starting to feel like the only thing that could save the franchise.  Unfortunately Jerry would never nut up for that and would prefer a lineup of David Eckstein’s.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

They won't get Sasaki but should at least try. 

Corbin Burnes, Max Fried (hurt), Flaherty, Pivetta, Severino and Scherzer top of FA market for pitchers. 

Only one true difference maker in Burnes... ton of mileage on that arm the last five years. No quick fixes other than gambling on Sasaki... who should be better than Matsumoto as long as healthy. 

I've said all along the pitching staff is close cept for the need to either rely on our system and throw guys in there to improve the bullpen or buy 2 in the free agent market to go with the starters u suggested. That's half a completed rebuild, then just work on the lineup. Now I'm all for trading Pham, Lopez, DeJong maybe even Fedde ( if we keep Crochet) if we can get some bodies for them but I'd not trade our few stars. Again, nobody will put out a plan but u did with names so I thank u. It's not healthy to be this bad last year, this year and say, 3-4 more years. That's silly.

14 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

It's quite simple. 

Easy peazy. Breezy. Etc. 

no