O's acquire Zach Eflin from TB

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Sox prices too high for O’s. No surprise there. Be interested to see what prospects go. Could be a salary dump.

I get that, but as a Sox fan, I hope Getz doesn't cave in too much. They have to hit on these trades, or they are going to be bad for a long, long time.

Just now, Timmy U said:

I like Horvath, but these are more flyers than real solid pieces. Would not have been a good deal for Fedde

Would've been terrible.

3 minutes ago, peanut33tillman said:

I think Fedde ends up with Cards, Astros or Dodgers. 

Dodgers would be great for a Fedde deal.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Orioles are going to waste their window and I love it. 

They are in a tough spot in that unless you are going to spend big at the top of the market, you cannot really afford to be trading away your best prospects 

I agree they need to add higher end pitching to really have a shot at a deep playoff run 

6 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

They are in a tough spot in that unless you are going to spend big at the top of the market, you cannot really afford to be trading away your best prospects 

I agree they need to add higher end pitching to really have a shot at a deep playoff run 

But there have quite a flew prospects that are literally blocked. (Basallo, Norby, Beavers)

2 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

They just traded for a guy making 18 milllion dollars next year who has been in MLB for 9 years and is essentially a 4.00 era pitcher every year.

I'd argue if you aren't going to spend, you need to trade guys for a cost controlled front of the rotation guy.  Otherwise, its just hoping you get lucky.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nardiwashere said:

They just traded for a guy making 18 milllion dollars next year who has been in MLB for 9 years and is essentially a 4.00 era pitcher every year.

I'd argue if you aren't going to spend, you need to trade guys for a cost controlled front of the rotation guy.  Otherwise, its just hoping you get lucky.  

Eflin was a weird target for them.  But they also were able to keep all of their top 10 prospects

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Eflin was a weird target for them.  But they also were able to keep all of their top 10 prospects

lol... "We need all 10 prospects because in 5 years, some of our players will leave in free agency" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Elias will never have to worry about getting a Trader Mike or Mississippi River Boat Gambler moniker. He still has his Pokemon cards and is convinced he is sitting on a gold mine.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

Elias will never have to worry about getting a Trader Mike or Mississippi River Boat Gambler moniker. He still has his Pokemon cards and is convinced he is sitting on a gold mine.

If he has a first edition Charizard, he certainly is!

10 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

To be fair, he probably is sitting on a gold mine. 

He's not gonna trade prime guys, dude is militant about that. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

To be fair, the O’s could still trade for Crochet because they will need another starter for next year.  I don’t think they will now with the extension news and this trade, but not completely impossible.

It’s not happening.  Elias will only trade his lesser prospects for pitching.