O's acquire Zach Eflin from TB

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I like eflin, but he's not 100% right right now. Still a nice add for a team in need of multiple starters 

With that ridiculous outfield, they should have targeted LHP.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I like eflin, but he's not 100% right right now. Still a nice add for a team in need of multiple starters 

Eflin makes sense for a team that can score a lot of runs like the O's. Rays have to be thrilled to get out of the back-loaded contract for a guy who is essentially mlb average. The prospects have potential. At the very least, they have added depth to a system that already has a lot of hitters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snowy Demon said:

Looks like TB is sending cash as well. 

Elias is a wizard GM.  Meanwhile, we have a guy who was epic failure Rick Hahn’s protégé.  They both specialized in this…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKgvGzR7rfixbBDSNFRwY

Edited by WhiteSox2023

14 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

So what does this say about Fedde’s value? His numbers aren’t that dissimilar, although his salary is.

Fedde’s WAR is certainly better.

It tells me that if Getz can’t get a substantially better return for Fedde, he’s a terrible GM.  Eflin was due twice as much money as Fedde.  The Rays sent cash to the Orioles but I would be curious as to how much.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It tells me that if Getz can’t get a substantially better return for Fedde, he’s a terrible GM.  Eflin was due twice as much money as Fedde.  The Rays sent cash to the Orioles but I would be curious as to how much.

I thought I heard only 1 million

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I thought I heard only 1 million

Well, that’s nothing then.  That just covers Eflin’s contractual bonus for getting traded.  So the Orioles will still be paying him almost twice as much as what Fedde would be owed over the next season and a half.

• 24:$11M, 25:$18M
  • assignment bonus: $1M with trade
Edited by WhiteSox2023

6 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Well, that’s nothing then.  That just covers Eflin’s contractual bonus for getting traded.  So the Orioles will still be paying him almost twice as much as what Fedde would be owed over the next season and a half.

• 24:$11M, 25:$18M
  • assignment bonus: $1M with trade

More like 3x. I don’t think Eflin and Feddes returns should be comparable at all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Elias is a wizard GM.  Meanwhile, we have a guy who was epic failure Rick Hahn’s protégé.  They both specialized in this…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKgvGzR7rfixbBDSNFRwY

This is pretty funny to be complaining about in the Fedde thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

If Getz doesn’t turn Fedde into at least one good starting position player, his one good offseason acquisition won’t mean much in the grand scheme of things.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

If Getz doesn’t turn Fedde into at least one good starting position player, his one good offseason acquisition won’t mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Well, in the grand scheme of things, baseball doesn’t really matter, so yeah, but it was still a smart acquisition.

5 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

He was screaming that Fedde never should have been signed in the first place, now Fedde's his boy-eeee, and Getz can only mess up his value. LOL. 

37 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

He was screaming that Fedde never should have been signed in the first place, now Fedde's his boy-eeee, and Getz can only mess up his value. LOL. 

He’s not my boy and I would have zero faith in him repeating this next season.  It’s obvious he has to be sold high.

Getz had one truly good acquisition this past offseason.

****golf claps****