7/26 Sox vs. Seamen 7:10PM

25 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

The only way of getting a stepped-up basis is if the property is inherited. So who died?

yea but they have to pay inheritance tax on anything above, what, $13 mill?  And that tax rate is a lot higher than the long term capital gains rate.

Even dozen now. Every time we think it can't get any worse it does.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am...stuck in the middle with you.

?????

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Even dozen now. Every time we think it can't get any worse it does.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am...stuck in the middle with you.

?????

Bonus points for a great song!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Pulling Robert in a 10-0 game with 3 days until the TDL is the smartest thing that the Sox have done in nearly two decades. 

Was there a reason why he was pulled?  Or did Pedro just decide to rest him.

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

19 runs scored during this 12 game losing streak (and counting) ?

If they don’t hit the shutout record, I’m still curious if they have set a record for most shutouts and one-run games.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Luis is 100 percent disinterested and it’s showing in the play.  I would not be surprised if he was moved to a contender and all the sudden looked like a MVP candidate again.

100%.  He will be a star the moment he has something to play for.  I get that pisses some people off, but it’s hard to stay motived when you play for Pedro Grifol and will likely be competing for the all time worst record.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GreenSox said:

yea but they have to pay inheritance tax on anything above, what, $13 mill?  And that tax rate is a lot higher than the long term capital gains rate.

All I was doing was commenting on how to get a stepped-up basis without paying income tax on the increase. Someone has to check out. What you say is correct but I never said it wasn’t. 

3 hours ago, flavum said:

If swept, 27-81 (.250) at the 2/3 mark of the season. 

This Sox team has to be one of the worst MLB teams in history, if not the worst.  With one of the worse managers ever in Grifol and owner in JR.  It is a total embarrassment and disrespect for the fans.  At least fire the manager, do something to change direction.

14 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Both Twisters and Deadpool ten times more entertaining. 

We have our own version... the worst bullpen in baseball a shock to absolutely no one who follows this team closely. 

Absolutely insane that the supremely talented Ethan Katz couldn't assemble a functional bullpen from the team that "can only develop pitching" 

9 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Absolutely insane that the supremely talented Ethan Katz couldn't assemble a functional bullpen from the team that "can only develop pitching" 

Did you see this bullpen?  There was no assembling anything except a turd there.