7/26 Sox vs. Seamen 7:10PM

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Eder had been stalling with the Marlins when the Sox acquired him.  
You really have to be careful with the prospects:  when they start heading south it's often a hard irredeemable drop.

I'm hoping the Montgomery situation really is lingering back issues, and not just has talent hitting a wall.  

Eder was coming off of a foot injury after his TJS.  He was a discount buy that hasn't worked so far.  It happens. 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

See C. Rutherford... 

And 7 years later, Tommy Kahnle is still on the Yankees...

And on a side note, a couple of rule 5 eligible A ball players rounded out that trade.  Hahn was such a putz.

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s what I keep saying..Major league baseball teams aren’t supposed to be this bad.  Being the worst team in modern history is something that should see everyone in the organization get fired.

Especially a team that’s actually had pretty good luck in terms of health.  The pitching has stayed remarkably healthy all year and the 3 guys who got hurt among the position players are always hurt. 

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Except one can play GG defense when healthy. 

And actually put up a positive fWAR. 

Don't hate me for asking the question brother, this goes to you and many others out there but we keep measuring players with WAR.

I have seen some dudes have a war that to me makes no sense.

Because when I see them play baseball they are a mediocre to average baseball player.

You listen to most baseball guys, old time baseball guys, like Ozzy and many others they do not give a f*** about war.

So do the Nerds know baseball better or the dudes that played it and play it, and manage it know better???

• Haha 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

Don't hate me for asking the question brother, this goes to you and many others out there but we keep measuring players with WAR.

Because when I see them play baseball they are a mediocre to average baseball player.

You listen to most baseball guys, old time baseball guys, like Ozzy and many others they do not give a f*** about war.

So do the Nerds know baseball better or the dudes that played it and play it, and manage it know better???

Literally the entire point of sabermetrics, to replace "boy he fills out that uni!" with actual facts about a player that contribute to winning or losing baseball games. 

1 minute ago, wegner said:

He's watching the opening ceremonies....big fan of Lady Gaga you know.

Both Twisters and Deadpool ten times more entertaining. 

We have our own version... the worst bullpen in baseball a shock to absolutely no one who follows this team closely. 

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/WAR_career.shtml

Looks pretty accurate to me. 

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Literally the entire point of sabermetrics, to replace "boy he fills out that uni!" with actual facts about a player that contribute to winning or losing baseball games. 

Listen I'm not talking about filling out a uniform.

Tell me Luis Robert is a winning baseball player.

I'm not hating on Louis I just don't get the overhyped war that he has.

Because I tell you what Luis can fill out a uniform

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Both Twisters and Deadpool ten times more entertaining. 

We have our own version... the worst bullpen in baseball a shock to absolutely no one who follows this team closely. 

I have a free ticket to see Twisters from the last time I gave blood...is it worth the time?

Holy bleep. Are we really down 10-0?? Our squad must be getting booed. Pedro needs to simply resign. Work out a deal to get paid a good settlement. My gosh. Is this 12 in a row?? Paper bag time.

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Listen I'm not talking about filling out a uniform.

Tell me Luis Robert is a winning baseball player.

I'm not hating on Louis I just don't get the overhyped war that he has.

Because I tell you what Luis can fill out a uniform

Of course he is a winning ballplayer, good lord. If you had a Luis Robert at every position on the Sox you'd have a 95 win team. 

• TLR 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It seems like longevity brings you War.

Everything in life is circular, we will get back to the point when someday moving a guy from second to third means something with no outs.

Driving a guy in from 3rd with zero out for one out.

Especially in a year like this year where most teams can't seem to score runs.

It's all going to come back but they will call it something else

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Of course he is a winning ballplayer, good lord. If you had a Luis Robert at every position on the Sox you'd have a 95 win team. 

Disagree.

But I appreciate the conversation because that's about all we got

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Will some team please give us their #10 prospect for Pham?

He's definitely earned a spot as a backup outfielder on a contender even tho he's still under .270.

34 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Kopech has been this same inconsistent wasted potential his entire career. 

Once he started listening to the coaching staff, he's been lights out. 

Just now, greg775 said:

Wouldn't it be neat if we lost something like 25-0?

Mariners really can't score unless they're playing the White Sox.

No if it was the twins, mets, or some of the other high scoring teams I could easily see 30 - 0

This organization deserves everything they're getting. We as fans and the dudes that regular this board deserve better

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

Once he started listening to the coaching staff, he's been lights out. 

Isn't that crazy that he had to finally start listening to his coaches halfway through the year. That tells you everything you need to know about that guy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

I have a free ticket to see Twisters from the last time I gave blood...is it worth the time?

Yeah despite Powell overexposure UK Daisy is going to be a star. 

Reminds me of Rosamund Pike. 

Far better than the original Paxton Hunt vehicle from 1996. 

Ding dong the Cubs are pretty much dead and buried. 

PCA 182/528

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

He's definitely earned a spot as a backup outfielder on a contender even tho he's still under .270.

Greg

If someone gives you a low A lottery ticket you take it