7-27 game thread Sox Vs Ms, looking for lucky #13

Sox #1 and #2 hole hitters:  7 Ks in 10 PAs.

Brooks Baldwin, after spending his first week under .100 in BA and OPS, quickly has an OPS of .568.  That's ahead of "The Pillar's" .558 and closing in on Nicky Lopez' righteous .582.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

At least the players like each other. This team is a joke. 

There is such a lack of hustle.  Benintendi was jogging around the bases on DeJong’s double.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’d fire Grifol for getting the worst out of Robert and Eloy

I don't think anybody could get more out of those 2. I'm not sure who to blame, but they're both among the most unlikable athletes I can remember. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I don't think anybody could get more out of those 2. I'm not sure who to blame, but they're both among the most unlikable athletes I can remember. 

Their performance and effort was never this bad under our managers 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Their performance and effort was never this bad under our managers 

Robert's effort has always been bad. Eloy seems like he's putting in more effort, and occasionally having a good time, but they're both glass. Based on their social media presence, there's some serious holes in the way they train. It's the Sox fault for allowing them to use their own programs in the offseason, but if you watch them, they train like complete idiots. 

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

Robert's effort has always been bad. Eloy seems like he's putting in more effort, and occasionally having a good time, but they're both glass. Based on their social media presence, there's some serious holes in the way they train. It's the Sox fault for allowing them to use their own programs in the offseason, but if you watch them, they train like complete idiots. 

Sure no effort when the best CF in the AL last year. 

Kevin Kiermaier won it on rep alone... lifetime achievement award basically. 

Bad game. I didn't watch it but Fedde's line was bad at least. Don't know if he pitched well or not but very mediocre statline.

Robert 4 Ks is a big LOL. Four strikeouts and a .214 batting average? Cmon. You can't blame any GM for taking a hard pass on both Robert and Eloy. At some point Robert has to show some consistent hitting.

Baldwin got 3 hits. So 13 in a row but tomorrow is the likely win via Crochet unless he only goes 3 innings or something.

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have made six game threads this year.

I have yet to make 2 game threads in a row.

7th time is the charm

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Brooks Baldwin, after spending his first week under .100 in BA and OPS, quickly has an OPS of .568.  That's ahead of "The Pillar's" .558 and closing in on Nicky Lopez' righteous .582.

Was nice to see Baldwin go 3 for 4 with 2 doubles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Glad that Baldwin broke through the Maldonado line.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fathom said:

There is such a lack of hustle.  Benintendi was jogging around the bases on DeJong’s double.

Pedro doesn’t bring energy or discipline to the team.  There is no improvement, nothing is changed, keep losing and no adjustments.  It is a disgrace..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

I have no idea why you hate Robert so much…absolutely bizarre