7-27 game thread Sox Vs Ms, looking for lucky #13

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I have no idea why you hate Robert so much…absolutely bizarre

Defends Tim Anderson to the bitter end.  Hates Luis Robert.  Hilarious.

One guy ruined his career because he was more focused on knocking up Instagram hoochies outside of his marriage.

Luis Robert?  We don’t have any definitive proof of him doing anything other than his appearance while in the field.

He still defends Anderson over Robert.

At least I’m confident, Luis Robert wouldn’t get demolished by Jose Ramirez like Anderson was.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

I don't think anybody could get more out of those 2. I'm not sure who to blame, but they're both among the most unlikable athletes I can remember. 

You have to add Moncada to the mix.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Bad game. I didn't watch it but Fedde's line was bad at least. Don't know if he pitched well or not but very mediocre statline.

Robert 4 Ks is a big LOL. Four strikeouts and a .214 batting average? Cmon. You can't blame any GM for taking a hard pass on both Robert and Eloy. At some point Robert has to show some consistent hitting.

Baldwin got 3 hits. So 13 in a row but tomorrow is the likely win via Crochet unless he only goes 3 innings or something.

I think Fedde was frustrated because of getting squeezed all night by the umpire. Do these umps at the end of the season have to answer for their lousy performances, this is the worst year I’ve seen for balls and strikes and also lot of calls being overturned by video replay.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

Simply amazing that this team can’t put together a sustained rally, have they scored 5 runs in an inning so far this year. Right now I’m betting that they don’t get to 40 wins. It’s unbelievable that Grifol is still the manager, how does this guy still have a job, he must have compromising photos of JR and Getz.

59 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Simply amazing that this team can’t put together a sustained rally, have they scored 5 runs in an inning so far this year. Right now I’m betting that they don’t get to 40 wins. It’s unbelievable that Grifol is still the manager, how does this guy still have a job, he must have compromising photos of JR and Getz.

Most managers would have been fired by now but not Grifol.  This whole miserable situation tells me that  management is content with this losing and they don't care if the the team wins or  loses. .I think their game plan is to have the lowest payroll in MLB in 2025.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Most managers would have been fired by now but not Grifol.  This whole miserable situation tells me that  management is content with this losing and they don't care if the the team wins or  loses. .I think their game plan is to have the lowest payroll in MLB in 2025.

That’s some goal. If that’s the case my only take is that JR thinks it will be easier to sell the team maybe next year with a low  payroll, I’m praying that’s the end result.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

That’s some goal. If that’s the case my only take is that JR thinks it will be easier to sell the team maybe next year with a low  payroll, I’m praying that’s the end result.

From what I've been told if  JR was to sell the team he would have to pay almost $300 million in capital gain taxes. In other words, he's not selling the team as long as he's living.

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

From what I've been told if  JR was to sell the team he would have to pay almost $300 million in capital gain taxes. In other words, he's not selling the team as long as he's living.

It's around 200 million for the capital gains tax then you add on the Illinois state tax rate.

Yes, he is not selling the team and has made that clear on the rare times he has spoken about it.