AJ could be a candidate to manage Sox

Truthfully, I always find myself scratching my head a bit when when I hear AJ talk about in game strategies and roster management while calling games or in bits of his podcast I see on Twitter. Maybe that would make him a good manager because he seems to think a bit outside of the box, but I’ve definitely noticed it time and time again. I think I’d like his fire, but I’d prefer someone with some actual managerial experience. But honestly, anyone is an upgrade form Pedro. 

• Like 2

AJ as manager has always been something that had made a lot of sense. Almost too much sense. I think it’s worth trying to find someone who can manage the ball club for a long time, who will have respect of those around him, and will be forthcoming with the media. There is no perfect science to a managerial hire, as we all know by now. What I see is a very smart man who, upon taking the job, would fight harder than anyone else to build a winner.

The organization needs someone that can rise above. In my opinion, if Pedro was a good manager, our record would be better than it is. I say this because if you look around baseball, even the worst organizations are 10-15 games better than us. Being a Chicago White Sock is fighting an uphill battle, and we need a manager that can take on that challenge. That quality might not be found in someone who was a bench coach on a heavily analytical and highly successful team. I hope this happens and works out.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Truthfully, I always find myself scratching my head a bit when when I hear AJ talk about in game strategies and roster management while calling games or in bits of his podcast I see on Twitter. Maybe that would make him a good manager because he seems to think a bit outside of the box, but I’ve definitely noticed it time and time again. I think I’d like his fire, but I’d prefer someone with some actual managerial experience. But honestly, anyone is an upgrade form Pedro. 

I would also prefer someone with experience but f*** it. Put some good coaches around him and let him roll.

I would be shocked if Reinsdorf approved it. Didn't AJ just bad mouth him not too long ago? I don't think JR would want that but then again.. he has an announcer(s) right now who always get into it on Twitter so who knows anymore. 

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

One thing I will say, but this reeks of the same info that leaked about Getz right before we avoided having an actual interview process and just handing him the GM job.  I wonder if they already have the wheels in motion to replace Grifol in a same manner.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

One thing I will say, but this reeks of the same info that leaked about Getz right before we avoided having an actual interview process and just handing him the GM job.  I wonder if they already have the wheels in motion to replace Grifol in a same manner.

Feels way too similar to Bob floating TLR to me. 

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Another guy familiar with how the Sox operate, likely because Jerry is too big of a p***y to hire someone no one knows right now because he doesn't want to hear that literally everything he's doing sucks ass

At least AJ won’t deal with lazy bullshit. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

At least AJ won’t deal with lazy bullshit. 

Yeah he would hold players accountable. Something Grifol only does to rookies, and even that is barely.

Edited by PaleAleSox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PaleAleSox said:

I’d feel good about him getting young guys to play hard at least. 

No doubt.  AJ hates to lose and that's what this organization desperately needs.  They're getting way to familiar with losing.  He'll bring a mentality to the clubhouse they haven't had since he left.  AJ was an extremely smart player and knows the game like the back of his hand so there are no worries about him there.  He'll be a fantasitc manager.

• Like 4
  • Fire 2

Fire Pedro. Let Sizemore manage rest of season. Keep him on as AJs bench coach, and build a a coaching staff of young respectable guys and try to build an actual culture. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I would be shocked if Reinsdorf approved it. Didn't AJ just bad mouth him not too long ago? I don't think JR would want that but then again.. he has an announcer(s) right now who always get into it on Twitter so who knows anymore. 

• Fire 3