AJ could be a candidate to manage Sox

13 minutes ago, Rocky said:

You brought up interpersonal skills as being important to be a successful manager. 

I countered with someone with horrible interpersonal skills that had plenty of success. 

Pretty simple. 

Bill hated talking to the press but his entire team understood their assignments.  Again, I don’t think these things are remotely comparable 

19 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Great points. 

Pretty hard for anyone to replace Tom Brady. I was simply pointing out that interpersonal skills does not preclude someone from being a successful manager.

I'm just saying it is easy to look good when you have the literal greatest of all time.  He was extremely mediocre besides that.

I found this comment by A.J. to be "interesting" myself:

"I haven’t gone out of my way to talk to anybody about this job. I haven’t done anything. I was in town for a golf tournament. Did the Cubs game last Saturday, did the White Sox game on Saturday. The way that went, I surely wasn’t treated like somebody they wanted to be around for a long time. People are running with this story. But again, nobody has approached me about this job.”

47 minutes ago, Highland said:

Pedro hasn't been fired yet. Until he is, any speculation is premature. Are we sure he will be fired?

Yes, after the season (or possibly in the last couple weeks or so of the current season). It’s the safest bet in the world. I’ve been saying it since last year. They will hold onto him in order to sell the shallowest “accountability” firing in the belief that the ignorant fans will buy it. They axed KW and Hahn last season, and instead of Grifol going with them, they spread the “accountability” over multiple seasons.

This franchise is so transparently phony. A terrible screenwriter couldn’t write an antagonist so poorly. If the owner in Major League did the exact same things, people would think it unbelievable.