Jason Adam (TB) to the Padres

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lasko (#5), Bush Jr (#12), and a Gonzalez (#8) to the Rays.

Tampa super aggressive this deadline while Getz asleep at the wheel.

That’s a ton. 
Getz can’t cut a deal? Do the other GMs just think he’s a dupe and won’t offer anything?

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Is today the 30th or am I missing something? 

No, but sometimes it pays off to be aggressive, both in terms of getting ahead of the market and to allow for more transaction volume.

Last year was probably the best deadline we’ve had in my lifetime and Rick moved fast.  He traded Giolito to the Angels on July 27th, Lynn & Kelly to the Dodgers on the 28th, and Graveman to the Astros on the 28th.   All those deals were fantastic.  He also was able to execute two more trades on the deadline (Aug 1st) with Burger to the Marlins and Middleton to the Yankees.

The Rays have been executing this same strategy this year and so far have done well for themselves with a considerable amount of talented added and giving themselves more breathing room on their remaining pieces like Paredes.

Again, expecting to make four or five trades on the last day or two will prove to be challenging, especially if there is any chance of a Crochet deal happening.  I think it’s completely reasonable to be concerned if Getz has a handle on things given this is his first deadline and he’s got a fuckton of players to move.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No, but sometimes it pays off to be aggressive, both in terms of getting ahead of the market and to allow for more transaction volume.

Last year was probably the best deadline we’ve had in my lifetime and Rick moved fast.  He traded Giolito to the Angels on July 27th, Lynn & Kelly to the Dodgers on the 28th, and Graveman to the Astros on the 28th.   All those deals were fantastic.  He also was able to execute two more trades on the deadline (Aug 1st) with Burger to the Marlins and Middleton to the Yankees.

The Rays have been executing this same strategy this year and so far have done well for themselves with a considerable amount of talented added and giving themselves more breathing room on their remaining pieces like Paredes.

Again, expecting to make four or five trades on the last day or two will prove to be challenging, especially if there is any chance of a Crochet deal happening.  I think it’s completely reasonable to be concerned if Getz has a handle on things given this is his first deadline and he’s got a fuckton of players to move.

You do know it takes two teams to agree to a trade to make trades right? Just making sure before you jump. 

Edited by Baron

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Seems like the most active deadline ever so far.

Which starting pitcher on the level of Garrett or outfielder like Luis has been traded yet? This current trade is the biggest one so far and it's for a reliever. 

Which starter on the level of Erick Fedde has been traded? I mean I'm all for criticizing the GM but at a certain point this is silly. The 30th is in a few days. It's been active but for what? Contenders are rearranging their bullpens so far. I don't think there's been any trades besides this one we're I've been envious of the selling team. 

Personally, I’ve heard way too many past quotes from Hahn that go something like “We were waiting for the market to present itself” or whatever as a reason for not being aggressive/missing opportunities.

And as a Sox fan, I’m programmed to assume history will repeat itself and/or expect the worst.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baron said:

Which starting pitcher on the level of Garrett or outfielder like Luis has been traded yet? This current trade is the biggest one so far and it's for a reliever. 

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Which starter on the level of Erick Fedde has been traded? I mean I'm all for criticizing the GM but at a certain point this is silly. The 30th is in a few days. It's been active but for what? Contenders are rearranging their bullpens so far. I don't think there's been any trades besides this one we're I've been envious of the selling team. 

I have already the SP market hasn’t moved at all, so no reason to be concerned there.  But everything else is starting to go off the shelf and it would be nice to see guys like Pham, DeJong, Kopech, & Brebbia start to move.  Not sure why that’s such an unreasonable thought to you.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Odd that every other seller has been able to find buyers to pair up with…

Really? Which starting pitcher on the caliber of what we have or outfielder has been traded for the required hauls so far? Which player that's been traded so far besides this one has gone for a major prospect haul?

Are you ok with taking less just because of impatience? Just say that then and I'll believe you. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I have already the SP market hasn’t moved at all, so no reason to be concerned there.  But everything else is starting to go off the shelf and it would be nice to see guys like Pham, DeJong, Kopech, & Brebbia start to move.  Not sure why that’s such an unreasonable thought to you.

Who says they all can't go today? I think after this trade Kopech's value starts to look alot more interesting. 

Just now, Baron said:

Who says they all can't go today? I think after this trade Kopech's value starts to look alot more interesting. 

They can and I hope they do!  I’m not suggesting we are fucked at this point, but  I’m certainly nervous whether Getz has a handle on things and until trades actually that feeling won’t subside.  Hope he kills it over the next couple of days.

20 minutes ago, Baron said:

Jazz and Randy certainly in the ballpark. 

13 minutes ago, Baron said:

I have a feeling we’re going to see a few trades where they package 2 players in the deal…

- Dodgers get Crochet and Kopech

- Cardinals get Fedde and Pham

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Pretty confident neither of those guys are going anywhere this TDL. Crochet I guess I could see, but just can’t see it with Robert at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lasko (#5), Bush Jr (#12), and a Gonzalez (#8) to the Rays.

Tampa super aggressive this deadline while Getz asleep at the wheel.

This should have been our Fedde return 

57 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This should have been our Fedde return 

I don't think the Sox are interested in Lesko. It's one reason they couldn't come close on a Crochet deal. 

2 hours ago, Baron said:

You do know it takes two teams to agree to a trade to make trades right? Just making sure before you jump. 

The most played out excuse for a GM being slow to the table.  Yes, everyone knows this.  It sure doesn’t seem to be an issue for the Rays and other teams with several trades being made already.

Edited by WhiteSox2023