7-28 Gamethread: Mariners at Sox (1:10pm)

I think I’ll be a Mariners fan.  I live in Washington so can watch all the games and travel to Seattle a lot.  They certainly have their faults but I like a lot of their players, Scott Servais seems like a good dude, and the front office at least makes an attempt even if they have budget constraints.  The stadium is pretty awesome too and Seattle is great in the summer.

• Like 1

lol Bryce Miller legit laughing at the Sox and giving his catcher a thumbs up as he is about to get through 4 with a 5 pitch inning.  Dude is legit clowning on a professional sports team because everyone is swinging so early in the count.

• Like 1

Just now, Rusty said:

lol Bryce Miller legit laughing at the Sox and giving his catcher a thumbs up as he is about to get through 4 with a 5 pitch inning.  Dude is legit clowning on a professional sports team because everyone is swinging so early in the count.

Go be a Mariners fan already.

• Hawk 1
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

2 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

No. I’m not the one live journaling about picking a new team. 

It’s a message board.  The entire point of the entire platform is to post messages on the board.  The team is the most dysfunctional organization in professional sports that is going to challenge the MLB record for futility.  They are playing a likable team that competes at a higher level despite being in a much smaller market.  If you are happy to continue to give Jerry your money.  Good for you.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I think I’ll be a Mariners fan.  I live in Washington so can watch all the games and travel to Seattle a lot.  They certainly have their faults but I like a lot of their players, Scott Servais seems like a good dude, and the front office at least makes an attempt even if they have budget constraints.  The stadium is pretty awesome too and Seattle is great in the summer.

I'm from Virginia Beach and go to a ton of Norfolk Tides games which is the Orioles farm. Enjoy getting to watch all these players mentioned and wish the Sox could get them. Heston, Mayo, Stowers, Holliday , on and on...

Go O's ....

21 minutes ago, Rusty said:

This sounds like a very familiar rant this season... everyone is close to that point in one way or another. 

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

This sounds like a very familiar rant this season... everyone is close to that point in one way or another. 

MLB would never let them move but, seemingly, the only explanation is that Jerry is actively tanking the organization to facilitate a move.  It’s as if he’s actually putting forth effort to piss fans off from almost every aspect.  The most redeeming quality of the franchise is some Marshmallow milkshake.  Just wait, if Getz is actually able to do his job (questionable) and unload the players he should at the deadline…they’re gonna be really bad.  This team without Robert and Crochet has almost zero MLB level talent.  If Fedde, Pham, and Delong go too…yikes.  They might lose 120 this season.  IMO, there’s zero percent chance Getz is fired in the next 3 years, and I believe Pedro will survive at least the remainder of the season, if not longer.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rusty said:

MLB would never let them move but, seemingly, the only explanation is that Jerry is actively tanking the organization to facilitate a move.  It’s as if he’s actually putting forth effort to piss fans off from almost every aspect.  The most redeeming quality of the franchise is some Marshmallow milkshake.  Just wait, if Getz is actually able to do his job (questionable) and unload the players he should at the deadline…they’re gonna be really bad.  This team without Robert and Crochet has almost zero MLB level talent.  If Fedde, Pham, and Delong go too…yikes.  They might lose 120 this season.  IMO, there’s zero percent chance Getz is fired in the next 3 years, and I believe Pedro will survive at least the remainder of the season, if not longer.  

I think the Reinsdorf family has checked out worse than Luis Robert Jr. Jerry is not going to live to see another world series. They are committed to the Bulls and the NBA. Jerry went down to Springfield in his leather jacket to pitch one last boondoggle and got no action. Once Jerry dies they will sell and then who knows what will happen.

2 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

I think the Reinsdorf family has checked out worse than Luis Robert Jr. Jerry is not going to live to see another world series. They are committed to the Bulls and the NBA. Jerry went down to Springfield in his leather jacket to pitch one last boondoggle and got no action. Once Jerry dies they will sell and then who knows what will happen.

That leather jacket was epic.  His Fonzie cool guy intimidation tactic didn’t work though.

ctc-l-reinsdorf-wsppjpg-CT0134315113.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

I was in middle school and high school from 84-89 and that wasn't close to this bad with Thomas Ventura McDowell Fernandez Alvarez etc. in the pipeline.  Heck Grebeck Paco Martin Christensen Merullo and Shawn Abner would be hitting stars on this team. 

Ofc I also thought skinny Sosa was the next Clemente. IMO Puig and Tatis and Vladdy Sr. are/were the three closest since then. 

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

That leather jacket was epic.  His Fonzie cool guy intimidation tactic didn’t work though.

ctc-l-reinsdorf-wsppjpg-CT0134315113.jpg

Speaking of Winkler...Barry would have been much more intimidating in Springfield. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

I was in middle school and high school from 84-89 and that wasn't close to this bad with Thomas Ventura McDowell Fernandez Alvarez etc. in the pipeline.  Heck Grebeck Paco Martin Christensen Merullo and Shawn Abner would be hitting stars on this team. 

Ofc I also thought skinny Sosa was the next Clemente. IMO Puig and Tatis and Vladdy Sr. are/were the three closest since then. 

I agree. I was talking to a friend today (he's not a Sox fan but a baseball fan). Looking at the current White Sox situation - how long would it take for a competent front office to put together a competitive team? 3 years? 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I feel sorry for Baldwin, has to be saying to himself; I came up to the Majors with a team that is a complete clusterfuck.

Well, it is he reason he got called up after all!

Again, it's not easy to get swept at home by a team as mediocre as Seattle. My gosh we stink. And today Crochet didn't resemble Sandy Koufax. Three innings of nothin. Maybe we'll rally and win finally. Law of averages.

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I forgot they are playing, not just trying to trade everyone. 

I've given up trying to figure out what this organization is trying to do.

• Like 5