7-28 Gamethread: Mariners at Sox (1:10pm)

8 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

I agree. I was talking to a friend today (he's not a Sox fan but a baseball fan). Looking at the current White Sox situation - how long would it take for a competent front office to put together a competitive team? 3 years? 

MLB in a giant media market in a division with a bunch of mediocre smaller market teams.  You could pretty easily do it in 2 seasons if you were willing to spend in FA.  The sad reality is that you have to trade Robert and Crochet because the owner will never pay them once they hit FA, so even when your prospects hit, it’s rinse and repeat.  Just wait until they trade Colson Montgomery 2 years from now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Please just fire Grifol. Make that part of my life over at least.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m fairly confident Grifol has a job through the end of the season.

We did it! 14 in a row again?? This is beyond hilarious. Do we have any fans left aside from maybe 30 diehards on here?? This is insane. The Sox put together arguably the worst team in modern baseball history, at least since the 60s which is 60 years!! Can you imagine? Man our hitters are in a funk. And our pitching is on a stretch of mediocrity to poor. C-minus of late.

Just now, greg775 said:

We did it! 14 in a row again?? This is beyond hilarious. Do we have any fans left aside from maybe 30 diehards on here?? This is insane. The Sox put together arguably the worst team in modern baseball history, at least since the 60s which is 60 years!! Can you imagine? Man our hitters are in a funk. And our pitching is on a stretch of mediocrity to poor. C-minus of late.

Let’s extend the record tomorrow against the Royals!

• Paper Bag 1

25 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

If Seattle was interested in Robert before, I'm sure they aren't now. 

He's lucky batting average means nothing in the sabes era. He's close to Beni territory at about .210.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

In 123 previous seasons the Sox never lost 14 straight games.

They have now done it twice in just a few months.

Words fail me. 

And they might be the healthiest team in baseball

• Like 2