7-28 Gamethread: Mariners at Sox (1:10pm)

18 minutes ago, greg775 said:

He's lucky batting average means nothing in the sabes era. He's close to Beni territory at about .210.

Highest ops in the lineup today which…is hilarious.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

I think I’ll be a Mariners fan.  I live in Washington so can watch all the games and travel to Seattle a lot.  They certainly have their faults but I like a lot of their players, Scott Servais seems like a good dude, and the front office at least makes an attempt even if they have budget constraints.  The stadium is pretty awesome too and Seattle is great in the summer.

Plenty of room here in the Estranged/Recovering White Sox fans club!??

1 hour ago, cuban_sammiches said:

I agree. I was talking to a friend today (he's not a Sox fan but a baseball fan). Looking at the current White Sox situation - how long would it take for a competent front office to put together a competitive team? 3 years? 

Under this ownership regime, minimum 5. The new draft rules would really hamper this team’s ability to stack high draft picks. They won’t be playing in the FA market for a number of those years as well. Maybe they emphasize the INT market to supplement but that’s never been their forte either. Really hard to squint and see a path back to respectability until JR is no longer around. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I've given up trying to figure out what this organization is trying to do.

The only thing I think they are doing is trying to lose, not spend and get the team ready to sell and move. The lack of investment in the team, gimmicks to get crowds in the stadium getting rid of SoxFest, finding it acceptable to lose makes it seem like they just want to sell and don’t care about the fan base. I went to the game with my son today and thankfully just spent $80 on everything. I started to think, let’s enjoy what we can before they become the Nashville White Sox. If anything we enjoyed a home run in the section we moved down to from the upper deck. Take that Jerry! And my $80.

Just now, The Beast said:

The only thing I think they are doing is trying to lose, not spend and get the team ready to sell and move. The lack of investment in the team, gimmicks to get crowds in the stadium getting rid of SoxFest, finding it acceptable to lose makes it seem like they just want to sell and don’t care about the fan base. I went to the game with my son today and thankfully just spent $80 on everything. I started to think, let’s enjoy what we can before they become the Nashville White Sox. If anything we enjoyed a home run in the section we moved down to from the upper deck. Take that Jerry! And my $80.

Jerry will gladly take your $80 bucks for a product that isn’t worth $20 bucks to see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Jerry will gladly take your $80 bucks for a product that isn’t worth $20 bucks to see.

And he can enjoy that money when he’s in his grave in ten years.

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

A game with your son...sounds perfect. We haven't been there this season and not sure we will go.

7 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I hope so. f*** these guys. I already care so little that moving them to Nashville would be the final nail in my mental coffin. 

• Like 2

Just now, wegner said:

A game with your son...sounds perfect. We haven't been there this season and not sure we will go.

I wouldn’t have gone if my friend didn’t want to go. Same with my dad. We would not have gone unless people wanted to go, especially since I’d rather spend any money I have with family.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

I hope so. f*** these guys. I already care so little that moving them to Nashville would be the final nail in my mental coffin. 

I honestly dgaf if they move either at this point but MLB will never allow it.  Chicago is too big of a media market to not have 2 teams but Cubs, Cards, and Milwaukee have enough influence to block any expansion group if the Sox ever left.  Moving the team is a hollow threat to attempt to bend over the taxpayers for funding a new stadium,  Thankfully the state called Jerry on his bluff, but you know he’ll try to play that card again when the negotiations come up with ISFA for the GRF terms come up for renewal and he wants to put the citizens over a barrel again for his own financial gain.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I might have to check out the Chicago Dogs or Kane County Cougars. I doubt I’ll be a Cubs fan, it doesn’t make economic sense for me, what is what was always so great about Sox games. Tailgating, affordable tickets and easy to get to and get home. I can’t say the same about Wrigley and I have no attachment to that team. Though I don’t really have an attachment to this team and haven’t been a huge fan in some time. They were fun to watch in the 2000s but I can’t say the same now, save for the Tim Anderson walk off against Detroit and the Yankees and the walk off grand slam by Jose Abreu against Tampa Bay.

20 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Yep. If this happens, I just become a baseball fan. I won’t care about any team in particular.

I’ll watch the playoffs and maybe take in an occasional spring training game, but I won’t have to waste time caring  about a team that’s never cared about me as a fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I can't believe people are still watching this team, let alone attending games. I'll watch to see this team set the 162 game record for losses, and that's about it.

Not me! I'll read about it on SOXTALK.

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

I hope they get swept by the Royals.  That would be perfect.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about.  This team has a way to make the Royals seem like the 27 Yankees.  It will be 17 by Wednesday.

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

I honestly dgaf if they move either at this point but MLB will never allow it.  Chicago is too big of a media market to not have 2 teams but Cubs, Cards, and Milwaukee have enough influence to block any expansion group if the Sox ever left.  Moving the team is a hollow threat to attempt to bend over the taxpayers for funding a new stadium,  Thankfully the state called Jerry on his bluff, but you know he’ll try to play that card again when the negotiations come up with ISFA for the GRF terms come up for renewal and he wants to put the citizens over a barrel again for his own financial gain.

I thought Nashville was much bigger than Chicago but Charlotte is bigger than Nashville. Really tired of the Nashville PR machine. Buncha voodoo psycho stuff. I don't see the Seattle Pilots moving there do you. 

7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

In 123 previous seasons the Sox never lost 14 straight games.

They have now done it twice in just a few months.

Words fail me. 

Are the fans booing at least? Maybe not cause they know when they get up and go to the park odds of an L are pretty good. 

3 hours ago, pcq said:

M's writer said DeJong was playing 3B to showcase his skills but it did not quite work out 

Geez by this stage of DeBong's career u'd think everything that could be known bout him is known.

5 hours ago, Tomtom said:

I don’t think you have anything to worry about.  This team has a way to make the Royals seem like the 27 Yankees.  It will be 17 by Wednesday.

Royals usually get well when they play the Sox. They are scuffling a bit so that'd be very funny if they once again maul the Sox,