Would dumping Benintendi's $50 million remaining on LAD

for Crochet and a Type B prospect coming to the Sox just to provide Getz and JR a little cover end your Sox fandom until JR and his family are completely out of the management picture?? 

Or done with Sox period... just like they'd moved to Nashville in the middle of the night in a backroom deal? 

What's the lowest valued 25 roster guy or MiLB prospect you could possibly accept in return without giving up completely? 

Thoughts?? 

Finally, do you feel most upset with Hahn,  Pollock/Kimbrel, Getz or JR for creating this situation in the first place??? 

Edited by caulfield12

If we do this we are the dumbest franchise in baseball. 

We have $50 million on payroll on the books next year including Benny, and literally only his deal in 26 and 27. There is absolutely no need to prolonge the rebuild by taking a shitty return to move this deal.  None.  It's cheap and stupid.  What would we do with that money anyway?  

It is just baseball stupid and an insult to the fanbase. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

It would not end my fandom, though. And even with Tendi possibly attached I think they would get at least one and a half “guys” back. It would just suck because they should be getting at least 3 good pieces. 

1 minute ago, PaleAleSox said:

It would not end my fandom, though. And even with Tendi possibly attached I think they would get at least one and a half “guys” back. It would just suck because they should be getting at least 3 good pieces. 

Rooting against Matsumoto Ohtani Betts Freeman Kershaw etc., seems... somehow not quite right either. 

Chelsea FC fans and anti-fans surely can "commiserate" with the wide-ranging Boehly feelings though. 

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If we do this we are the dumbest franchise in baseball. 

We have $50 million on payroll on the books next year including Benny, and literally only his deal in 26 and 27. There is absolutely no need to prolonge the rebuild by taking a shitty return to move this deal.  None.  It's cheap and stupid.  What would we do with that money anyway?  

It is just baseball stupid and an insult to the fanbase. 

Exactly.

I would also add that they would either not spend the $50 million saved anyways, or waste most of it on yet another collection of crappy veterans like each and every offseason.

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Exactly.

I would also add that they would either not spend the $50 million saved anyways, or waste most of it on yet another collection of crappy veterans like each and every offseason.

All allocated to PR for stadium project with lobbying Springfield Gov Mayor national and local reps State Senate etc. 

More ticket sales reps. 

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This isnt even worth discussing guys. Classic chicken little bs

Jerry already had Getz cut a ton of payroll this past offseason, which led to this historic disaster of a season in which they may set the record for futility.

Why would this be such a ridiculous thought?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Exactly.

The crappy washed up vets committee must be paying Getz more in kickbacks for signing their last leg clients than he gets from JR for covering for him. 

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Jerry already had Getz cut a ton of payroll this last offseason, which led to this historic disaster of a season in which they may set the record for futility.

Nearly guaranteeing a Top 2-3 pick for 2026...in the process. 

Major League III/IIII/V.

9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Jerry already had Getz cut a ton of payroll this past offseason, which led to this historic disaster of a season in which they may set the record for futility.

Because they absolutely need to maximize the talent infusion from the Crochet trade. Not save $16M a year on an already super duper low amount of future commitments. I get you hate everything white Sox and love to predict doom and gloom, but this just seems so terribly unlikely and Sox fans just assuming the worst. 

• Like 3

I mean I wouldn't even call myself a diehard fan anymore as it stands lol but if they did that, like I said in another thread, I would douse all my Sox gear in lighter fluid, light that b**** on fire and live stream it. I bet people would watch lol

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Because they absolutely need to maximize the talent infusion from the Crochet trade. Not save $16M a year on an already super duper low amount of future commitments. I get you hate everything white Sox and love to predict doom and gloom, but this just seems so terribly unlikely and Sox fans just assuming the worst. 

I agree with you, but Jerry is still gonna Jerry.  When you have the worst owner in sports, expecting doom and gloom is the status quo.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I agree with you, but Jerry is still gonna Jerry.  When you have the worst owner in sports, expecting doom and gloom is the status quo.

For some anyway. 

21 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This rumor is out there, that's why.  No one is making it up or something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

This season sure is proving me wrong…

Yes, base all if your views in a single season. Go back 2 years and they made the playoffs 2 years in a row. They must be one if the best run teams in the league.

Everyone knew this was going to be an awful season with the new FO taking over and the core of the team being what it was.

If you expected different, I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by ptatc

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This rumor is out there, that's why.  No one is making it up or something. 

The rumor popped up in a game thread weeks ago.....I was hoping it is just bs.

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yes, base all if your views in a single season. Go backb2 years and they made the playoffs 2 years in a row. They must be one if the best run teams in the league.

Those were good seasons, but were ultimately doomed by Jerry hiring his buddy as manager and refusing to go all out in free agency.  Ultimately, the Sox failures can always be traced back to one guy.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1