Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox

Heads22

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

I don't think it's fair to say Vargas is much like Getz at all. Getz was a glove-first, **extremely low-power** hitter who didn't draw many walks or strike out much and was a decent runner. Vargas isn't a home run hitter but has put up above average power numbers everywhere he's been, draws a lot of walks, and is held back by his glove more than anything else.

Vargas is a AAAA, just like Getz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I bet Getz thought he was getting Joendry and didn't proof read the fucking proposal like an oaf

Didn't that happen in AZ when LaRussa was there? haha they traded for the wrong brother that had the same name from the Red Sox or something? I think it was Basabe.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Didn't that happen in AZ when LaRussa was there? haha they traded for the wrong brother that had the same name from the Red Sox or something? I think it was Basabe.

yes.  They thought they were getting our old Luis Basabe, but accidentally traded for his brother of the same name but different middle name LOL

• Like 1

Haha, so our awesome GM actually packaged up three assets for this garbage return?  Way to maximize value.

Can we go back to that Jordan Walker deal please?  Vargas blows and these prospects are nothing but lottery tickets that someone threw on the ground.

• Like 1

I don't understand at all how the Cardinals get Fedde and Pham in this deal and only had to give up an injured player making $7million this year. What the actual f***?

• Like 2

Lot of negativity on Miguel Vargas for a 24 year old with less than a year of MLB experience, not-that-horrible production in MLB, and fantastic minor league production

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Does Bruce know something we all don't or is he just confusing Miguel with Joendry?

The Dodgers farm system is the best in the game?  News to everyone in baseball including the Dodgers. 

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Bruce hasn't deleted his post yet, so...

If it's both Vargases (Vargi?), it's a better deal.

Even if it is just the younger Vargas the scope of the deal changes.  But most likely Bruce is having a senior moment.