Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox

Heads22

5 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Bruce hasn't deleted his post yet, so...

If it's both Vargases (Vargi?), it's a better deal.

why would the Dodger keep piling on more, the Cardinals are the ones who are coming in light. 

It's clear what happened is that Getz wanted to wait until the zero hour and instead of amplifying any trade it absolutely kneecapped him.

What a fucking moron. You know Fedde only has a year and a half left of value. You know you HAVE to get rid of him and you've had all fucking summer with his value high. And then you pull this bullshit.

I'm fucking done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can understand being hopeful of a couple promising Dodgers prospects and acquiring them for the future...the far future, but you need to get more.  A guy or two in the team's top 15 that could help the team in 2025.

I know Vargas will get much more playing time in Chicago, and maybe he'll be fine.  But damn, this an historically bad trade.

• Like 2

It's clear what happened is that Getz wanted to wait until the zero hour and instead of amplifying any trade it absolutely kneecapped him.

What a fucking moron. You know Fedde only has a year and a half left of value. You know you HAVE to get rid of him and you've had all fucking summer with his value high. And then you pull this bullshit.

I'm fucking done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

Lot of negativity on Miguel Vargas for a 24 year old with less than a year of MLB experience, not-that-horrible production in MLB, and fantastic minor league production

That's the selling point on this deal for you....not that horrible production.  None of those players traded needed to be moved as none were making any money. If you don't win the deal you hold on to them.  Losing games is not an issue with those guys and there is no draft position in question they are squarely the worst team in the MLB.

Getz seems like he would be over matched in a good fantasy baseball league. 

Someone in the JR family needs to take his keys away.

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Did I read correctly that Vargas has only 71 MLB at bats in his career?

Incorrect, it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 plate appearances. And about .650 OPS

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jake said:

Lot of negativity on Miguel Vargas for a 24 year old with less than a year of MLB experience, not-that-horrible production in MLB, and fantastic minor league production

PCL minor league numbers.  He’s had almost a full season of plate appearances in the bigs and has been absolutely atrocious.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I can understand being hopeful of a couple promising Dodgers prospects and acquiring them for the future...the far future, but you need to get more.  A guy or two in the team's top 15 that could help the team in 2025.

I know Vargas will get much more playing time in Chicago, and maybe he'll be fine.  But damn, this an historically bad trade.

Not historically bad, as you’re not trading away a superstar. 

57 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Fedde should headline with two top 100's or a bit higher and a bit lower.  With the shine being off of Walker, I wouldn't call him at top 100 anymore.

Nope. Fedde, Kopech, and Pham all packaged together couldn't even get one top 200 prospect. LMAO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

PCL minor league numbers.  He’s had almost a full season of plate appearances in the bigs and has been absolutely atrocious.

His statcast is pathetic. Well below average in everything except chase and whiff rate. Poor athlete, bat doesn't pop. Doesn't have a real position. HE SUCKS. My god, f***.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

That's the selling point on this deal for you....not that horrible production.  None of those players traded needed to be moved as none were making any money. If you don't win the deal you hold on to them.  Losing games is not an issue with those guys and there is no draft position in question they are squarely the worst team in the MLB.

Getz seems like he would be over matched in a good fantasy baseball league. 

Someone in the JR family needs to take his keys away.

Well Pham is the exception to the "don't move if you don't win the deal" but the point is well-taken that there was no requirement to move Fedde although I can sympathize with feeling like you want to get him out of here before he goes back to pitching like Erick Fedde.