Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox

Heads22

Wouldn't the team be better off  if Fedde wasn't traded and still on the team?  To get nothing for him is bad. I remember when Hahn traded David Robertson to the Yankees for nothing. I couldn't  relate trading a good pitcher for nothing. Trading Fedde for nothing is similar to the Robertson trade. This was nothing but a salary dump. The payroll next year will probably be the lowest in MLB. Low payroll equals big profits for JR.

Everyone needs to start writing the Commissioner's office to block the trade as not in the better interests of the game of baseball. 

Breach of the responsibility to provide a major league product. 

Hahn better never show his face in public in Chicago again. 

f*** that idiotic series of events over Kimbrel, Rodon, Madrigal, Pollock and then fool's gold Benintendi. 

If Eloy just could have played LF as a statue... no Benintendi either. 

2 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I still don't get how St. Louis got Fedde and Pham and basically gave up nothing. For both the Sox and the Dodgers, this makes no sense. 

Even if you buy it as a salary dump by the Sox, the Dodgers got nothing also. 

I don't get it. 

There is no such thing as salary dump for players who have surplus value.  We just overvalued what we got and/or undervalued what we gave up.

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

I still don't get how St. Louis got Fedde and Pham and basically gave up nothing. For both the Sox and the Dodgers, this makes no sense. 

Even if you buy it as a salary dump by the Sox, the Dodgers got nothing also. 

I don't get it. 

I just read the White Sox analysis of the deal on MLB Trade Rumors and I am honestly feeling a little ill. Getz has absolutely no business evaluating baseball talent imo....he thought this year's team was going to play solid defense for crying out loud.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sure, but we traded a bunch of guys who made very little in the grand scheme of things.  My point is we wouldn’t have eaten any money if we were in great financial distress.

There are no financial ramifications to this trade.  If there are we need to just fold up shop.

The financial side of this deal should have warranted a better return or hold on to the players as tanking is already complete and we do not benefit.

This is a horseshit trade and you have to work really really really really really hard to view it otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I still don't understand what the Dodgers were doing.  Apparently 12 teams were interested in Fedde.  They could have swapped another team in for Cardinals and gotten more than Edman. 

I wonder, when a 3 team trade is made, do all 3 teams know what the other team is receiving?  Maybe they didn't know what we were trading to the Cards?

Just now, WBWSF said:

Wouldn't the team be better off  if Fedde wasn't traded and still on the team?  To get nothing for him is bad. I remember when Hahn traded David Robertson to the Yankees for nothing. I couldn't  relate trading a good pitcher for nothing. Trading Fedde for nothing is similar to the Robertson trade. This was nothing but a salary dump. The payroll next year will probably be the lowest in MLB. Low payroll equals big profits for JR.

And Kahnle an All Star that year. 

Chasing a failed top prospect in Rutherford. 

Just like today with Vargas. 

2 minutes ago, almagest said:

Either Getz got way too fixated on Vargas (likely), or the other 11 teams interested in Fedde were offering a pile of garbage comparatively.

Honestly, the most logical answer is he wrote down the wrong Vargas down on the proposal..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I still don't understand what the Dodgers were doing.  Apparently 12 teams were interested in Fedde.  They could have swapped another team in for Cardinals and gotten more than Edman. 

In all honesty?  Probably heard Getz say Crochet was on the back burner until a Fedde trade finalized, found out how little it would cost to help facilitate a trade to the Cardinals, and will now get Crochet for 50 cents on the dollar because Getz has no clue what he’s fucking doing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

And Kahnle an All Star that year. 

Chasing a failed top prospect in Rutherford. 

Just like today with Vargas. 

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/column/benjamin-hochman/hochman-cardinals-trade-for-erick-fedde-is-a-smart-one-with-shades-of-2022-moves/article_1eed627c-4ddb-11ef-b5bb-1724d0ea955e.html

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Honestly, the most logical answer is he wrote down the wrong Vargas down on the proposal..

I just can't buy that because the Sox were targeting Walker, who is similar to Vargas (former highly ranked prospect struggling in the majors with a good amount of control left).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I made that comparison a few years back but yeah lots of parallels to that trade that everyone knew was bad right away.  It wasn't just Robertson, It was 3 quality MLBers in him, Frazier and Kahnle. The latter actually was the headliner.

‘To inject three offensive players into our organization was a wise move,” Getz said. Vargas viewed as middle of lineup hitter

He would’ve been better off not commenting 

Edited by SkokieSox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Paper Bag 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

There are no financial ramifications to this trade.  If there are we need to just fold up shop.

The financial side of this deal should have warranted a better return or hold on to the players as tanking is already complete and we do not benefit.

This is a horseshit trade and you have to work really really really really really hard to view it otherwise.

I do view it as horseshit trade.

• Like 1