Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox

Heads22

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

Remember when Hahn got Quero and Bush for a declining Giolito and ReyLo?

Say what you will about Hahn buy he at least was acquiring high end prospects. The development system failed most of the bats.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

Just a reminder his 80 PAs and all but that 108 wRC+ this year makes him the best offensive player on our team. He’s also fast and has a good arm. 

But our team is absolute dog s%*#. Such a comparison isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. 

If it were a 100 game sample size instead of 30, I might feel better. But Vargas is a very mediocre headliner.

1 minute ago, PaleAleSox said:

I don't understand why the Dodgers would be okay with this, either. This does not add up at all.

Edman is a very good player when he is healthy and LA needs a shortstop.  I think they think Vargas doesn't have a position and he just doesn't hit the ball hard.

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Where are they going to play Vargas? Honestly, I'm all in on them DFAing Senzel and playing him at 3B rest of the year. 

Trade Lopez and DeJong by tomorrow and roll with: 2B Sosa, 3B Vargas, SS Baldwin

LF would be my call

Edman is better than I think most on this board are giving credit to - his actual productivity of 16 WAR over 5 season's isn't bad and Dodgers have him through '26.  But straight up for Fedde given the premium on pitching seems strange.  

• Like 1

Just now, whitesoxfan99 said:

Edman is a very good player when he is healthy and LA needs a shortstop.  I think they think Vargas doesn't have a position and he just doesn't hit the ball hard.

Edman is a bit overpaid and hasn't even play this year. Edman is set to make $10M next year.

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Edman is better than I think most on this board are giving credit to - his actual productivity of 16 WAR over 5 season's isn't bad and Dodgers have him through '26.  But straight up for Fedde given the premium on pitching seems strange.  

He hasn't played all year!!!

Does that not matter?

This trade is the baseball equal of standing on the corner in a blizzard waiting for your bus that's running late to go to work, and instead the bus roars right past you and manages to also catch the gigantic puddle soaking you as it went past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'd get it if Edman was healthy and putting up a 3-4 WAR season but this is just bizarre.  

Edited by bighurt574

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Edman is done. He will never be that player again. He was already light with the bat pre wrist surgery. Almost 30 and relies on his legs for value.