Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox

Heads22

From the dodgers perspective, if they just nicely asked I'm sure the Cards would have been happy to just let Edman walk and the Sox would have equally been happy to at least let the Dodgers pay for Kopech coach seat.  There's 3 guys in this deal that have zero to marginal value. So how the dodgers are getting two of them but actually gave up anything of value is somewhat perplexing.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I've yet to see anyone try to defend the trade.  Its awful. 

There is no way to defend this trade. Not even WestEddy can spin this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Serious question: is Vargas actually any better than Sosa and Colas? Sosa certainly has had a lot of non-PCL AAA success and at least Colad hits the ball hard. Plus, Vargas is the worse defender of the 3. For those down on Sosa’s D, just wait.

Other than having prospect shine coming from the Dodgers system, I honestly can't squint and see much of a difference. 

4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

He’s a dh. Maybe try hiding him at first when they non-tender Vaughn? This is a catastrophe.

?

• Thanks 1

Have we tried Benitendi at catcher yet, like TA?

I found a positive!  I believe we may have secured the #1 pick in the 2026 draft.  JR won't spend after a year of horrible revenue so not a lot of adds beyond scrap heap.  Seriously, we should sign no one until prices drop in Feb-March with promise of "if you play well we will trade you".  Mottos "Yes, we are this bad"    "Think we couldn't be worse, think again!"

"Bad teams deserve new stadiums".   

Promotions:  "What game does (insert player) go on the IL" Prize: we lose your season ticket renewal

Spin theWheel Fund raiser:  Depending on your donation, Does Getz get fired?  chance goes up.  

Manager for a day.  That's right you lucky fan.  If your name is picked, you get to be in charge for a day.  Both fans in attendance will be eligible.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, BamaDoc said:

Have we tried Benitendi at catcher yet, like TA?

I found a positive!  I believe we may have secured the #1 pick in the 2026 draft.  JR won't spend after a year of horrible revenue so not a lot of adds beyond scrap heap.  Seriously, we should sign no one until prices drop in Feb-March with promise of "if you play well we will trade you".  Mottos "Yes, we are this bad"    "Think we couldn't be worse, think again!"

"Bad teams deserve new stadiums".   

Promotions:  "What game does (insert player) go on the IL" Prize: we lose your season ticket renewal

Spin theWheel Fund raiser:  Depending on your donation, Does Getz get fired?  chance goes up.  

Manager for a day.  That's right you lucky fan.  If your name is picked, you get to be in charge for a day.  Both fans in attendance will be eligible.  

and add we won't ask for much.

34 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

it makes no sense without inclusion of Cardinals prospects.  

Exactly… but why are all these reports saying the deal is final as is?

I mean there’s no reason we couldn’t have gotten at least someone like Cesar Prito included!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I remember saying the Fedde return would NOT be what folks expected, little did we know that Pham and Kopech would be thrown in with it.

What a joke.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Again maybe the most positive person on this trade, but a negative reaction I have as someone who reads white Sox tea leaves is a belief in the guys they acquired that approach cannot be learned, it is innate.

And anyway they need to fire everybody who has looked at a position player in this org and start over. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Exactly… but why are all these reports saying the deal is final as is?

I mean there’s no reason we couldn’t have gotten at least someone like Cesar Prito included!

If you want to hang on to hope, MLB.com still says no team involved has confirmed the deal as of yet.

I still think this is one legit prospect light. God I hope all of the media are running of the same source or two and there is a name still missing and its missing for some legit reason (like Sox are looking at 2 or 3 players on a list and need to finalize something on that before it becomes official and name gets added).