Fedde/Pham/$ to STL, Kopech to LAD, Miguel Vargas + prospects to Sox

Heads22

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

The Sox gave up a #2 starting pitcher on a $7.5 million salary.  That's big.

And salary relief was a thing. He has to sell the team, or at least give up his control of everything. He can't make it better.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Let’s say Fedde and Vargas weren’t in this trade. How would everyone feel about Kopech and Pham for Perez and Albertus?

Not excited, but passable since Pham probably had basically no value.  But Fedde for Vargas feel a really good prospect light. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

He's coming to the White Sox. His ship has sailed.

Tough to argue with that. But if that’s how we are going to evaluate a trade, then what are we even doing here? Nobody we get in a return will work out. 

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Tough to argue with that. But if that’s how we are going to evaluate a trade, then what are we even doing here? Nobody we get in a return will work out. 

My point being, the Dodgers couldn't get him to hit, so the White Sox won't either. I think we have way too much proof of that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Not excited, but passable since Pham probably had basically no value.  But Fedde for Vargas feel a really good prospect light. 

Yeah, I said something similar in my next post after the one you quoted. 

Fedde is on pace for a 4.0 fWAR at $7.5 million this year and next. And the Sox get nothing to be halfway excited about. Getz one good move, signing Fedde, and one decent one, signing Pham, he blows in one trade.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Let’s say Fedde and Vargas weren’t in this trade. How would everyone feel about Kopech and Pham for Perez and Albertus?

Still sounds like a s%*# trade. I say that as the biggest Kopech hater here. If he's just going to net you a single 19 year old litto ticket, well, he should be able to get that for you a year from now. 0 compensation for the time premium, don't do the trade.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

And salary relief was a thing. He has to sell the team, or at least give up his control of everything. He can't make it better.

People really need to believe me when I say the Sox are totally screwed financially

• Like 2

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Fedde is on pace for a 4.0 fWAR at $7.5 million this year and next. And the Sox get nothing to be halfway excited about.

Tony_La_Russa_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

fWAR?  Whats the mans batting average.  David Eckstein never worried about his fWAR?